Can't find wireless network...
I installed the driver for my Linksys WUSB11 ver 2.6 without any problems, and the system sees it, but it fails to find any wireless networks...is there anyway to fix this or do I need a new wireless router?
June 26th, 2007 8:21pm

Does this only happen on Windows Server 2008 ? Or does it also happen on for example Windows XP? The drivers might not be compatible yet with Windows Server 2008.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2007 8:36pm

It does work on my XP (same computer in fact, 2 hard drives). I assume its driver compatibility issues, Linksys does not have nor plans to make Vista drivers for this device though, but I was hoping because it did install and it recognizes it that there was a way around it.Edit: I may have found the problem, network discovery is off but I can't turn it on (I click the radio button to turn it on, hit apply, and it stays off).
June 26th, 2007 8:58pm

I doubt this is related to network discovery.A brief description of network discovery:Network discovery is a network setting that does the following: Affects whether other computers and devices on the network are "visible" from your computer and whether other computers on the network can "see" your computer.Affects whether you can access shared devices and files on other computers on the network and whether people using other computers on the network can access shared devices and files on your computer.Helps provide the right level of security and access to your computer, based on the network location of the networks that you connect to.However you can enable it by clicking customize in the Network and sharing center and changing the location type to "Private".Btw, are you using Linksys utilities or did you just install the driver from the device manager?
June 26th, 2007 9:30pm

I used the linksys ones, device manager couldn't figure out what it was. (but I did use the device manager's wizard to install the linksys drivers)
June 26th, 2007 9:38pm

Wireless networking support is not installed by default on Win 2008 Server. You need to go to: Server Manager -> Add Features -> Wireless Networking. Regards... JD
June 29th, 2007 7:03pm

Ahh that got it...thank you! And I almost went out and spent $60 on a new adapter..(ok I did but that didn't work either so I returned it...)
July 3rd, 2007 2:04am

I met the same problem
November 28th, 2007 3:25pm

ThabK you so muchI really busted my head to figure this oneJust Add the Feature "Wireless LAN Service"
November 4th, 2008 11:10am

where is the 'server manager'?
February 2nd, 2010 11:48pm

Wireless networking support is not installed by default on Win 2008 Server. If i want to enable wireless networking on windows 2008 core server. How can i do? Thank you.
October 3rd, 2010 4:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics