Can't find the performance counter - PercentMemoryUsed when creating a new rule/monitor

Hi guys,

What I am trying to do is to set up alerting for physical memory high utilization for windows server 2008/2012.

I can see that, there is already a rule called "Percent Memory Used" under both windows 2008/2012 Operating System, however, it doesn't seem to have a threshold defined. So I am trying to create a new one and set up a desired threshold for alerting and health state. But I can' t see the performance counter - PercentMemoryUsed under Object - Memory when creating a new rule or a new monitor, however, I was able to choose this counter when I created either a performance view or performance report.

Below are two screenshots:

1. one is to create a performance report - I am able to see this performance counter

2. one is to create a new rule - not able to see the performance counter

Any one can shed some lights , your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hubery

• Edited by Huberyhe 7 hours 13 minutes ago
July 23rd, 2015 8:02pm

there is no such percent of memory used performance counter. You should develop a custom script to calculate the percent of memory used. You may download this MP which has percent memory used monitor.

http://blog.scomskills.com/monitor-percent-memory-used-on-windows/

Roger

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 23rd, 2015 10:57pm

Hi Roger,

Thanks a lot for your reply, from what I have been testing, it seems like the PercentUsedMemory is not a performance counter can be used straight away, however, I am just confused why I am able to see this performance counter from report then, see below, would you be able to explain it, thanks again!

July 24th, 2015 12:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics