Can't enable shadow copies on drive
I have a 15TB drive and I need to enable shadow copies on this drive. I've gone into the Shadow copies tab on the drive and clicked on enabled. I am receiving an error message, "Failed to create a shadow copy of volume H:\. Error 0x8007000e: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." I have 9.75TB available on the drive.
June 11th, 2012 1:22pm

In mi last job i was using the ROBOCOPY Commands for Incremental Back Up , the Newest file Copying willl be displayed in Command Prompt, at one day horrrible experience for me , after fireip up the Command to take Back up for the Particular Directory....and the R & D People came up to me and said the Whole Data was Gone Our Shared Drive is Empty ! i was bit confused , wat i did is incremental back up, but how the helll all datas can be moved to External Drive ! Yes there is no wrong in the Command its absolutely correct, all the list of commands i perform during back up will be saved in run command history so i decided to change the Back up method am performing Mi Friend Suggests me awesome Microsoft Product for Back Up, Yes Its FREEWARE(Its v2.1 , But trust me no bugs) Google Microsoft Sync Toy (You can perform three types of backup Syncronize, Echo,???????) Make sure u have atleast 2.0 .Net Framework Pinch Me For SYNC TOY Thanks SurenFace the fact tat we all have plenty to learn about this field. Deal wit the failures, use tem as motivation, learn something new everyday. Claiming false credentials & phantom skillsets will not get you far, especially when 63248651487512645876531864 people in the universe know how 2 use the internet
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 11th, 2012 2:25pm

Is the drive working properly? Have you tried running chkdsk on the drive?
June 11th, 2012 5:58pm

The drive is from a newly created array on a brand new Equallogic Array. I highly doubt that there is any corruption on the drive and everything is working fine. I can't take it offline to do a check disk with repair, but I'll start a check disk to see if there is anything wrong with it. I don't think this is the answer though since the arrary is brand new and I haven't gotten any errors to indicate a bad sector or corruption.
June 11th, 2012 8:59pm

I contacted Dell Technical support and there is a tab within the Group manager under group configuration called "VDS/VSS". I had to add the IPs for the ISCSI initiator to the allow list. Once this was done the Dell tech refreshed the ISCSI connection and the VSS connection showed up in the list he connected to it and then I tried to enable the shadow copies on the H drive, but it still failed. They opened remote setup wizard for the array and then added the group name and IP to my HyperV2 server. I then tried to reconnect and it still failed. There is another smaller volume on the array that we were able to enable without an issue. Also, the Dell tech said that because we are using Windows to do the shadow copies and not their built in snapshotting that it wouldn't have anything to do with the ISCSI (now he says that)... Where are VSS snapshots stored? Could the place where they are stored actually be full? We changed the space used down to 3000MB and all the drives on this box have more than that amout of free space...
June 13th, 2012 3:30pm

Hi, It seems a system limitation on x86 system, the server have the 3GB switch in place, try to remove the switch. Scalability Factors for Shadow Copies http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755419(WS.10).aspx It seems that there is a similar thread for you. http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/2003_Server/Q_24199907.html
June 17th, 2012 10:23pm

This isn't an x86 system since it is server 2008 R2. The resolution was to set the dynamic memory low end higher. I had the dynamic memory set to 512-8192, I changed it to 4096-8192 and this resolved the problem.
June 18th, 2012 8:44am

Thanks for your sharing.
June 19th, 2012 2:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics