Can't draw connection from anything to destination schema in BizTalk Mapper

I'm new to BizTalk, so forgive me if I'm not using the correct terminology.  Anyways, I've created a composite Schema with two tables that I'd like to insert into, it's basically like this:

<xs:element name="StorageLocationImport">
    <xs:complexType>
        <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element ref="mxstoreloc:Insert" /> 
            <xs:element ref="mxin:Insert" /> 
        </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

In the mapper, I'm able to map anything to `mxstoreloc:Insert` with no issue.  When I try to map **anything** to `mxin:Insert`, the connection doesn't work.  I drag the line, I get the crosshairs cursor (I've seen people before get the crossed-out-circle cursor, mine doesn't switch to that) and then when I let go the line disappears instead of connecting.

I went into the schema and created a second `mxin:Insert` node, so it looked like this:

<xs:sequence>
    <xs:element ref="mxstoreloc:Insert" /> 
</xs:sequence>

And for some reason that allowed me to make the connection (to either element), but if I deleted either of the two, the connections would disappear.

• Edited by tc2123 Monday, March 23, 2015 3:23 PM
March 23rd, 2015 3:19pm

I was able to figure out the solution.  The issue [mostly] lies within the map itself, not either of the schemas or connections.

In the `Grid Properties` window, by default, `Ignore Namespaces for Links` is set to `True`.  Since I have multiple elements which are named `Insert`(even though the namespaces are different), the XML Mapper gets confused.  To fix this, simply turn `Ignore Namespaces for Links` to `False`.
  • Marked as answer by tc2123 Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:37 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2015 2:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics