Can't deregister Data Warehouse

Hello,

I was getting some cube processing failures on the workItem cube at a customer and after looking into the issue it seemed that something was screwed up with the data warehouse jobs.  Not really wanting to waste time trying to figure out the issue, I decided to try to deregister the data warehouse and then re-register it again to sort of reset it.

Unfortunately, I received an error in doing so:

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Core.Shared.Powershell.PSServiceException:  A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'Service'.

DeRegister Error

I tried to deregister this in powershell, but couldn't find the 2012 way of doing it.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Bob

June 21st, 2012 5:57am

Did you ever figure this out?  I have the same problem.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 20th, 2012 6:36pm

I was able to solve this problem by uninstalling the Data Warehouse component directly on the machine.  I think I then tried to register something else and it told me it could not find the previous DW component and if I wanted to de-register it.  Click yes and it seemed to remove it from SCSM.  It has been my knowledge that you should not install the Analysis Services on the same box as the DW Component.  Cubes seem to stop processing after a while.

Thanks,

Bob

December 20th, 2012 6:54pm

Uninstalling the DW directly (as suggested) will leave the DB of SCSM management still pointing to the DW server. 

I need to uninstall the DW server and then install again, but cannot proceed without deregister the DW. it gives the same error as posted above

Appreciate if anyone has any solution?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 8th, 2013 5:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics