Can't create file in EFS network folder
Hi, Firstly, please also check the NTFS permission settings. Ensure the user has Modify permission of the folder. Read (R) - View attributes, contents, and permissions. Can synchronize. Write (W) - Can change attributes, and file contents. Can create files or folders. Can synchronize. Read(R) and Execute (E) - Can change sub folders, perform read operations, and execute a file. List Folder Contents - Can perform read and execute permissions on folders. Can view folder contents, attributes, permissions. Can synchronize and change to subfolders. Modify - Perform Read, Execute, and Write permissions along with ability to delete. Full Control - Can perform Modify functions (above), take ownership, and modify permissions. For more detailed information, please refer to the following article: File and folder permissions http://technet.microsoft.com/tr-tr/library/dd349321(en-us,printer).aspx Best Regards, Aiden Aiden Cao TechNet Community Support
October 22nd, 2012 2:35am

I have checked the folder permissions for the folder i am trying to copy into from workstation on the server and "Modify" is set for all users. In "File Properties->Security" tab for the EFS folder there are 4 different users listed: Authenticated Users, SYSTEM, Administrators, Users These each have all the "Allow" permissions ticked except "special permissions" I also rebooted the server in case there is some weird caching problem. As I said both machines have all EFS certs installed and I can see the contents of files in this folder from the workstation so I don't know what's stopping it creating files in this server folder. p.s i know this is wrong forum - also asked question in win7 forum but got different answer which i will have a look at.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 3rd, 2012 5:13am

I have two Windows 7 Pro SP1 PCs connected on network at home, one workstation, the other used as a file-server. On the file-server I have a shared folder which is EFS encrypted. I can connect and view this folder from the workstation (and see the encrypted files in it too). But when I try and create / save / move files into this folder from Windows Explorer on the workstation I just get a permission denied error and can't do it. I checked all permissions in Sharing settings on the folder on the server to tick everything for everyone and other users. Both machines have got all the EFS certificates and keys installed (shown by the fact I can see the other files in the folder). It must be something to do with the EFS because I can create / save / move files into other folders on file-server from the workstation. What's going on? Where is the permission I am missing and is there any log of it at all in event manager so I can debug the cause of it?
November 3rd, 2012 8:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics