Can't connect to internet after uninstalling anti-virus
I am using window server 2003 enterprise edition service pack 2. It was working fine but when i uninstalled one of the file since than i am unable to connect internet. I tried by loading IE8 but problem is still there. Please help me ?
January 8th, 2010 2:39am

hi sk23,Thank you for posting in windows server forums,Can you please let us know what file did you uninstall ?b) check your behavior with safe mode with networking c) what is the error message you receive when you browse a webpage ?d) is this working on other clients on same subnet ?If you are familiar you can quickly check the HTTP packets to undertand better about the communication.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 8th, 2010 7:57am

Hi sk23, Did you uninstall the antivirus program using its own uninstall tool? It is recommended to use its own uninstall tool to remove it safely and completely. Meanwhile, sometimes antivirus programs may shut down the internet connection of the computer when they are removed because they consider it is done maliciously. So, please go to Network Connections to make sure your internet connection is enabled. If the problem continues, please provide more information as Sainath has stated. Regards, Bruce
January 8th, 2010 12:23pm

Hi, yes i used uninstall tool. It was symantac antivirus, it is not completely uninstalled, stop in the middle. It is showing on the bottom corner that local area connection is connected 100. mbps. But i cannot open any page. I tried installing IE8 and firefox too but no luck. Thanks
January 11th, 2010 1:05am

This tool may help.Download and run the Norton Removal Toolhttp://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
January 11th, 2010 1:30am

Hi sk23, Thanks for your response. I understand that the Symantec antivirus has not been uninstalled completely. Please first use the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall Symantec antivirus again. If the problem continues, please refer to the following article to reset TCP/IP: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357 If the issue still exists, please revert back with your ipconfig /all log. Regards, Bruce
January 11th, 2010 10:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics