Can't connect to computers via Remote Web Access

I've set up my Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials fine. I can connect to the web remotely and open all folders. However, when I try to connect to a computer, Server or Client PC doesn't matter, I immediately get an error saying "Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because an error occurred on the remote computer that you want to connect to.:

But this message shows directly, even if the remote pc/server is online or not, so I doubt it's some error on the remote computer. I've tried to look in all Event Logs and File Logs that I know of, and there is no clue of what the problem is.

Anyone knows where to look for more details of the problem, or got a hint of what it can be?

Anywhere Access is set up on the server and the user has permissions.

September 3rd, 2015 7:24am

HI:

Here are the server side logs including those created by RWA:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2014/09/30/windows-server-essentials-log-files.aspx

Please let us know if from the server you can ping the stations by IP and by Name?  From the server can you RDP to the stations by IP and by Name?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 10:30am

On the client side put the url for the RWA into

a. trusted sites

b. compat mode

In Internet Explorer.

September 3rd, 2015 2:28pm

Yes, I've already looked at that log location on the server and there is nothing that is logged there.

From the server I can ping all "stations".

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2015 2:43am

Good tip, but that didn't work either.

It seems to be blocked on client side and not on the server side. The error message is displayed immediately within some ms.

Could it be a problem that it is a IDN domain and the client gets confused about the punycode certification?

September 4th, 2015 2:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics