Can't browse or remote to 2008R2 servers when connected through VPN
We just upgraded some File Servers to Windows Server 2008 R2 that were previously running server 2000. Now when I am at home and connect through windows VPN I cannot browse to any of the new 2008 servers by start/ run/ //servername like I used to be able to do when they were server 2000. All the servers are setup with the same IP and name in the same domain as they were before we replaced them and I can still browse out to other servers on our domain that are running any other version of windows server. I am at a complete loss and need to get this fixed. I would appreciate any help. Also, at work when I am on my office PC on the same domain as the 2008 servers I can remote to them via Remote Desktop all day long. Everything worked just fine when they were on server 2000, problems just started after replacing them. Brandon
January 12th, 2011 8:12pm

Hi, Thanks for posting here. What’s the system prompt when you attempted to access windows server 2008 base files server via VPN connection where you were home ? Is there any issue that access new file server where form internal network ? and could you access other servers via VPN connection ? If VPN connection could be established property, You may check the connectivity first by performing “ ping <hostname or IP address of new fileserver>” and post the result here. Meanwhile, you may also try performing “ tracert <hostname or IP address of new fileserver> ” and check if file server could be reached. Before you perform the test above, please following the article below to modify firewall setting and pass-through the incoming ICMP Echo message: Nobody Can Ping My Computer http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749323(WS.10).aspx Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2011 12:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics