Can't access the main DC (which has the active directory service running on it) due to the following error: The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation

I have an environment containing 2 physical servers (MS Windows Server 2012). I've been facing many problem with client access to my exchange server, so i did some investigation and found out that the active directory has three other registered servers with active directory services, so i deleted those servers and left the main DC (I did this from the main DC itself)

And now i can't access either one of the physical servers, (The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship)

And I don't know the local user credentials. Please help, this is really urgent! 

September 3rd, 2015 7:29am

Hi,

you can use the Microsoft tool called ADRestore.NET.msi and then installed this tool on Primary DC and then restore the computer account of this DC. once this is restore you can then use the Hirens.BootCD.15.1 to reset the local administrator password.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 9:49am

go to active directory users and computers and check the account of your DC. On the Attribut-Editor Tab check the attribute dNSHostName. 

It seems as if your DC can not find itself in the database.

September 3rd, 2015 11:18am

Hi Sir,

This is the problem, I can't access the primary DC, it gives me the same error

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 2:08am

Hi sir,

I can't access the active directory, it is on the same DC with this error

September 7th, 2015 2:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics