Can't access RDS from external

Hi,

I just finish setting up my windows 2012 R2 RDS servers.  Every works fine internally, but when I try accessing my RDS from external, I got an error "404 - File or directory not found."

RDS servers configured as follow:

Serverbkr01 -- RD Broker, and RD Web

Serverbkr02 -- RD Broker, and RD Web

Servergwy -- RD Gateway server

ServerSH01 -- RD Session host server

ServerSH02 -- RD Session Host Server.

RD Broker is configured for "High Availability"

Firewall NAT RD Gateway server IP to public IP. 

Port 443, 3391, 3389 open on the Firewall.

Thanks in advance.

May 28th, 2015 12:55am

Hi,

If you have RD Gateway and RD Web Access on separate servers then you would typically need 2 public ip addresses, or set one of them to use a custom port.  For example, your gateway FQDN could be gateway.domain.com and point to one public ip address, with appropriate ports forwarded to your internal RDG server, while your RDWeb FQDN could be remote.domain.com and point to second public ip address, which would be load balancer for the two internal RDWeb servers.

If you didn't want to do the above you could have RDWeb on your RDG server.

Below are the ports that need to be forwarded from external:

RD Gateway -- TCP port 443 and UDP port 3391

RD Web Access -- TCP port 443

Please note you should not forward TCP port 3389.

Thanks.

-TP

• Marked as answer by Brichardi 16 hours 25 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 28th, 2015 7:26am

Thank you for quick reply to my post.  I have added RD Web server to RD Gateway server as you suggested, and now I can access my RDS from external but I am now running into a new problem.

When I logon to RDWeb and click on the application icon, I got an error that said "your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable.  Try connecting again later, or contact your administrator for assistance".

Another question I like to ask is now I have 3 RD web servers, how do I load balance them?

Thanks

May 28th, 2015 2:39pm

Hi,

Glad to hear that the original issue was resolved!

When I logon to RDWeb and click on the application icon, I got an error that said "your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable.  Try connecting again later, or contact your administrator for assistance".

Since this is a new problem, I suggest you post a new thread in the forum, so that you would get more efficient support from the forum community.

Best Regards,

Amy

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 1st, 2015 11:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics