Can't Save File in 2008R2
I have a new 2008 R2 server. I just copied a file to the server. I tried copying it to a specific location - d:\docs... It tells me that I have to save it to another location. I did, then was able to copy it to the location I wanted. Then when I try to modify it, it will will tell me Access is Denied. I'm a local administrator. I checked the permissions on the file and Administrators have full control. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
October 20th, 2010 11:15am

Hi, Right-click the folder and click Properties. On the Security tab, check whether any group or user has any Denied permissions. If so, remove them temporarily. Then click the Edit button and click the Add button. Type Everyone and click OK. Grant Everyone the Full control permission. Can you copy a file to the folder now? If the issue still occurs, please let me know the exact location of the folder and please confirm whether this is a mapped folder or redirected folder. For example, we can redirect an user account’s Documents folder to another location. Tim Quan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 21st, 2010 11:43pm

I checked the folder. No one has deny. I set everyone to full control but still having the issue. The folder is a local folder - c:\oracle\client Could this be something with UAC? Thanks, Scott
October 22nd, 2010 10:54am

Hi Scott, You can turn off UAC to test the issue. Since it is an Oracle folder, I suggest contacting Oracle for detailed information. Tim Quan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2010 3:36am

like tim says, turning off uac will most likely make the issue go away, to do so, press win key + r, type msconfig, select tools tab and there launch change uac settings
October 25th, 2010 9:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics