CPU usage in Task Manager
Hi, on the same tab you see in the cpu ussage history the usage of each core. It is dependent if the process can realy use only two cores. But if supported the ussage is distributed to all cores. kind regards, M.Hivner
January 24th, 2012 5:15pm

when you go t the view menue item while in performance tab, you can select if you want to see all cores as one diagram or as one per core. the later will show you the distribution of the cpu load among the cores
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 24th, 2012 5:29pm

Hi I just need to clarify something :-) We have a server with a quad core CPU. If I check the Performance tab and it tells me that CPU utilization is at 50%, it means that 2 out of 4 cores are fully used? Is that a correct assumption? Lasse/Lasse
February 4th, 2012 8:44am

Hi, on the same tab you see in the cpu ussage history the usage of each core. It is dependent if the process can realy use only two cores. But if supported the ussage is distributed to all cores. kind regards, M.Hivner
February 4th, 2012 9:15am

when you go t the view menue item while in performance tab, you can select if you want to see all cores as one diagram or as one per core. the later will show you the distribution of the cpu load among the cores
February 4th, 2012 9:30am

Hi both of you! I know that I can see the CPU Usage History and how each core is performing, but I have a process that sometimes hangs, and when I check the Processes tab it uses 25% of the CPU, which I assume is equal to 1 core out of 4. The CPU Usage is a 0-100% scale and should include all 4 cores, so 1 process using 25% should make the CPU Usage show at least 25% CPU usage. What made me insecure was that when the process used 25% according to the Processes tab it didn't peek to 100% on 1 of the cores under CPU Usage History. Lasse/Lasse
February 5th, 2012 3:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics