CONFIGURE 3 NETWORK CARD FOR ONE SERVER
hi there, this forum is dedicated to windows servers general queries. Please do post your query under, as your question is related to networking and there is a seperate forum which handles it.http://social.technet.microsoft.com/windowsservernavigate to platform networking or network infrastructure forumbest of luck.sainath windows driver development.
June 6th, 2009 8:38am

Hi everybody, I am having win2k3 std sp2.It has three network card.The objective for haveing3 network card is one for lan purpuse.and another two for internet from two different ISP(broadband).So one network goes down another will work.Like failover.Just i want to know is it possible without router and hardware firewall.If it is possible plse let me know how to do it.Thanks and regards,Prabhu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 6th, 2009 9:37am

Hello rprapu,Typically this type of 3 NICconfiguration is for a perimeternetwork, Internet, Intranet and DMZ. For dual WAN's, it's best to use a hardware router. You can get relatively inexpensive routers with2 WAN interfaces that can load balance. Theyare specifically designed forthis purpose. Look at Multitech's Routefinder 830. It's the best oneI have see at that price range (under $ 300.00).If you have the budget for it,Cisco's IOSsupports many routing protocols that have advanced, programmable features for dual homing and load balancing.The reason I would recommend the RF-830 or Ciscohardware routers is because you will get a packet filter firewallwhich is very beneficial andis not readily available in Windows Server unless youinstall ISA.Miguel Fra Miguel Fra www.falconits.com
June 6th, 2009 6:10pm

As suggested I would also recommended a Router with Dual lan and load balancing properties. It will save you a ton of headaches in the future. Linksys even has some you can find for around 200$ which can serve your proposes.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2009 7:15pm

hi there, connecting to internet directly using public ip is not a recommended practice , so even if you planned to use NAT , you still require firewall and router. Please follow the suggestion by above peers.You can use windows built in firewall which has advanced options in windows 2008 . or you can buy a licensed ISA server which acts as a software firewall .sainath !analyze
July 1st, 2009 11:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics