CM_Agent is filling my Event Viewer
Good Afternoon, I am experiencing some issues on one of my servers and the most glaring thing I see is that in the event viewer under application I see the following error hundreds or thousands of times: Event Type: Warning Event Source: CM_Agent Event Category: (10) Event ID: 65535 Date: <Date> Time: <Time> User: N/A Computer: <ServerName> Description: The description for Event ID ( 65535 ) in Source ( CM_Agent ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Processing of File Watcher commands timed out. , status=7. I have been unable however to track down what the CM_Agent is, or what this event id corresponds to. Can anyone provide any insight on this whatsoever? Thank you in advance!
August 30th, 2010 11:15pm

Hi, First I would like to confirm the following points: 1. Do you have any problem running your computer? 2. Does any other error event log appear? 3. Have you installed any BMC software? As I know, this could be a known issue on BMC software. You may contact BMC support to obtain a hotfix to resolve this issue. Since this is a warning instead of an error, it should not have great influence on your computer. Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2010 5:55am

I agree with you that it may not have any major influence on what is going on, but we are seeing between 50 - 100 of these per day and I would like to make them stop if possible. In response to your questions: 1. At this point the only other issue, and the primary issue, is that FTP users (WSFTP) are being disconnected from FTP sporadically 2. I have seen an increasing number of event 1052, but am unable to determine a root cause: Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1053 Date: <Date> Time: <Time> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: <ServerName> Description: Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. ). Group Policy processing aborted. 3. I am not aware of any BMC software on this system, can you give me an example of something common? Thank you for the quick reply!
September 1st, 2010 12:26am

Hi, Thank you for the reply. According to the error message below, it seems that you are using some kind of File Watcher Utility. “Processing of File Watcher commands timed out. , status=7” It seems to be reported from Control-X products from BMC. Please understand this is probably not a Windows component which generates the event and please check whether your server or your network is using any kinds of products from BMC. If so, you may contact BMC support for more information. http://www.bmc.com/index.html http://www.bmc.com/products Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2010 1:03pm

Hi there! In our case it was the Control-M (From BMC) agent that generated the alarms. Unfortunately the errors are not solved :-/ I will try to reach BMC Support today.. I'll be back :-) /Robert
November 17th, 2010 8:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics