CLSID value does not exist in registry which is causing event id 10016
hello, I started this treat few weeks ago, but because I was sick I couldn't go further. event ID 10016. I tried the options that the technet support advised me . there is on option to resolve this problem that I have first to open regedit and find CLSID value under HKCR and then find the name of CLSID to make changes in component services . but when I am going to this tree in regedit I don't see the CLSID value that in event properties is giving me I see a lot of another values but not the one that causing the error System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [ Guid] {1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E} [ EventSourceName] DCOM - EventID 10016 [ Qualifiers] 49152 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2012-08-26T22:44:02.000000000Z EventRecordID 44341 Correlation - Execution [ ProcessID] 0 [ ThreadID] 0 Channel System Computer arenson.hovhannestavitian.com - Security [ UserID] S-1-5-80-3249811479-2167633679-2115734285-1138413726-166979568 - EventData param1 application-specific param2 Local param3 Activation param4 {6DF8CB71-153B-4C66-8FC4-E59301B8011B} param5 {961AD749-64E9-4BD5-BCC8-ECE8BA0E241F} param6 NT SERVICE param7 SQL Server Distributed Replay Client param8 S-1-5-80-3249811479-2167633679-2115734285-1138413726-166979568 param9 LocalHost (Using LRPC any suggestion thanks johan h.david
August 26th, 2012 10:01am

Hi, As per MS Article KB-899965 To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods, depending on the cause of the problem. Grant the user permissions to start the COM component Grant the user permissions to start the COM component. To do this, follow these steps: Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.Locate and then click the following registry subkey: <samp>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\CLSID value</samp> Note In this subkey, "CLSID value" is a placeholder for the CLSID information that appears in the message.In the right pane, double-click AppID. The Edit String dialog box appears. Leave this dialog box open and continue to the next step.Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg in the Open box, and then click OK. If a Windows Security Alert message prompts you to keep blocking the Microsoft Management Console program, click to unblock the program.In Component Services, double-click Component Services, double-click Computers, double-click My Computer, and then click DCOM Config.In the details pane, locate the program by using the friendly name. If the AppGUID identifier is listed instead of the friendly name, locate the program by using this identifier.Right-click the program, and then click Properties.Click the Security tab.In the Launch and Activation Permissions area, click Customize, and then click Edit.Click Add, type the user's account name, and then click OK. While the user is selected, click to select the Allow check boxes for the following items: Local LaunchRemote LaunchLocal ActivationRemote Activation Click OK two times.Quit Registry Editor. Grant the correct permissions to the Network Service account To grant the correct permissions to the Network Service account, follow these steps: Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg in the Open box, and then click OK.In Component Services, double-click Component Services, and then double-click Computers.Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. Click the COM Security tab.In the Launch and Activation Permissions area, click Edit Default.Click Add, type Network Service, and then click OK.While Network Service is selected, click to select the Allow check boxes for the following items: Local LaunchRemote LaunchLocal ActivationRemote Activation If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2012 11:59am

first thanks for your response, I did just what you telling me I am going to HKCR\CLSID but hier I don't understand what do you mean with CLSID value</sample> , 1- when I click on CLSID I see a lot of values with for example {oooooo2F-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} and so on . 2-when I click on CLSID I see on the right pane 2 options 1-(DEfault) 2-CLBVersion. what do you mean exactly with CLSID value</sample> which of this 2 options above . can you please explain to me very shortly. johanh.david
August 26th, 2012 12:18pm

Hi, Sorry, the cut and paste threw alot of junk in with it including </sample> which is code from the support page :) See the original article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899965 Apologies again! Martin If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
August 26th, 2012 12:27pm

hello, OK now I understand that CLSID value is the value in the message of the event proprties with its APPId. but the problem is the CLSID value in the message which is in my case is {6DF8CB71-153B-4C66-8FC4-E59301B8011B} it does not exist in the regisry under the tree HKCR\CLSID. I tried also the find option in registry to find this value but it does not exist. do I have to create this value myself or any other suugestions! thanks johanh.david
August 26th, 2012 4:55pm

Hi Johan, As an alternative to scanning your way through the registry, you can also use dcomcnfg.exe - just make sure you run it as an administrator. Below are the steps using Windows 7 as a reference. If you're dealing with XP or 2003 it will still be a similar process. Run dcomcnfg.exe as an administratorExpand Component Services/Computers/My Computer/DCOM ConfigYou should see quite a lot of DCOM registrations in the right-hand panelLook for either the APP ID or "SQL Server Distributed Replay Client" (based on your original post)Right-click on the entry and choose PropertiesSecurity tab -> Launch and Activation Edit buttonEnsure you (or whichever account) have local activation and launch rights You might also want to have a read of the below article if you are indeed dealing with the SQL Server Distributed Replay Client agent. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff878263.aspx Cheers, Lain
August 26th, 2012 9:07pm

hello, I have done what you say but I don't see any specific APP ID or sql server distributed replay icon. but when I click on any icon on the right panel I see wel on its properties APP ID. do I have to look them one by one untill I find the app id of the message in event properties. or any other suggestions. thanks johanh.david
August 27th, 2012 4:50am

Hi Johan, Just as you can with files in Windows Explorer, you can change the view in dcomcnfg to the "Details" view, which will show you the Name and Application ID on the same page. Cheers, Lain
August 27th, 2012 7:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics