CEICW SBS 2003 fails to complete at firewall configuration
Hi There, I have a server that is failing to complete running the CEICW at applying the firewall settings. Have already checked and confirmed that the system has an email address attached to the Administrator account, this appears to be fine. Found also once it fails to complete, the whole of IIS goes down with all website in a stopped state and not able to be started. Found that the service of World Wide Web Publishing cannot be started. Error of "Could not start the HTTP SSL service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified". A server restart will get the websites and ISS functioning normally again but as soon as run CEICW it then fails as described. In the CEICW logs the following errors show Error 0x8007041d returned from call to IISConfig Set(). Error 0x8007041d returned from call to CRFireCommit::Commit(). Error 0x80072030 returned from call to GetBOConnector(). Any help is appreciated. Thanks…
May 31st, 2011 8:54am

Hi, this issue can be caused by incorrect setting on IIS, please check the default web site settings: a. Open the IIS Management snap-in. b. Open the properties of the Default Web Site and go to the DirectorySecurity tab. c. Go to the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions setting and change the setting. Just do the opposite of what is set. If currently set to grant all, change it to deny all except for the local IP and subnet mask of theserver. d. Select all to apply the change to all sub websites. e. Select all again to apply the change all the way down. If the issue persists, I would like to provide the following action plan: 1. Please ensure that you have correctly install SBS 2003 sp1. Please check the steps thru the following documents: Downloading and Installing Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/0/f/e0fee8ce-768d-41c0-8871-9bc48e0b3fc3/ToDownLoadFilesandReadInstructions.htm Installation Instructions for Service Pack 1 for Windows Small Business Server 2003, Premium Technologies http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/e/9/2e902d14-da2e-43ba-8bd6-6d258f5356b6/SP1Setup_prem.htm Note: please skip the windows 2003 sp1 installation step if you had installed the Windows 2003 sp2. 2. Make sure your SBS internal and external network interface DNS is pointing to the internal IP address of your SBS server. 3. Do you have any site hosted in the SBS server other than the four build-in sites? If you have the sites in IIS that were created with Visual basic, please remove them. 4. If your SBS server is HP/Compaq and you have HP Smart Start or some other third-party network manage software installed, please uninstall them and restart the SBS server, run CEICW again to see if there is any change. 5. Corrected permissions on the wwwroot directory (You can check the permissions with the good SBS) If the issue persists, please go to the following steps: 6: Reinstalled Administration tools a. Rename the Intranet key in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer. b. Click Start, point to Control Panels and click Add or Remove Programs. c. Select "Windows Small Business Server 2003" and click Change/Remove. d. In the "Component Selection" page, change Action to Reinstall for Server Tools. e. Follow the instructions to finish. f. Restart SBS and rerun CEICW. Then test this issue. 7: Recreate the web listener a. Open ISA 2004 console b. Extend Firewall Policy, select Toolbox tab in right panel, click Network Objects->Web Listeners c. Delete SBS CompanyWeb Listener and SBS Web Listener Note: You have to delete the rules which using these 2 web listeners first. d. Click Apply button. e. Go through the follow KB and Rerun CEICW again carefully. How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825763/en-usPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 3rd, 2011 9:57am

Apologies for the delay in this response. Thanks Sean Zhu... Followed steps through “a-e” and this has resolved the CEICW failing to complete and taking IIS websites offline. Now able to modify the Wed Services Configuration at will and it appears to complete successfully as expected. Thank you for your expert advice here. This then leads to my final destination of trying to sort out Outlook RPC over HTTP (ie Outlook via the Internet). I have re-run the CEICW to now include this option and have also re-created the self-signed certificate. I have exported the self-signed certificate and re imported into my test machine (Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Office 2010 32bit). When I try to use a Outlook I get the following error. "There is a problem with the proxy server's certificate. The name on the certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the target site mail.domainname.com.au. Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server. (Error Code 0)" The other interesting observation is that now on checking the Remote Web Workplace website, it is not accessible both on the server itself and also externally. (Page cannot be found) However Web mail (mail.domainname.com.au/exchange) is up and running fine both internally and externally. On comparison with another SBS 2003 server. I see on this problem server that I have the extra objects as per below in IIS. Not sure if this I getting in the way. CertControl (Globe icon) CertEnroll (Globe icon) CertSvc (Cog icon) CompanyWeb (Globe icon) nothing inside this one though On both my problem and working SBS server I also have an added website of Trend Micro Worry Free. I suspect that this isn’t getting in the way as it is running on both my problem and working comparison SBS server. Any help with my problem is greatly appreciated.
June 27th, 2011 4:47am

tried all the above, but mine still fails..? any ideas..?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 23rd, 2011 4:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics