CD Issue w/ Server 2003
The motherboard on my Server 2003 AD server failed. I replaced it with a similar motherboard and with minimal effort brought the server back up. The only issue is that although the os "sees" the 2 IDE CD drives, it does not recognize any media inserted in them. The drives respond to os commands such as "Eject", but they won't recognize media. I tried most of the mechanical fixes like replacing cables, I even swapped in net new drives, same issue. I loaded all the motherboard drivers from a flash drive and Deive Manager is "clean".Any help would really be appreciated!Terry Watson
December 5th, 2009 5:02pm

Hi Wtsnt,Seems to be more related with the compatiblity of the IDE drives with the motherboard.First thing i would like to check is are the IDE's compatible with the mother board ?? , please contact the vendor for the same.Second do you have supported drivers for windows 2003 server ? some times these gets detected in windows xp
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 7th, 2009 5:41am

Hi Wtsnt, Besides Sainaths suggestion, please remove the filter keys for CD ROM: 1. Negative to the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} Note: Before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values, to verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM. 2. In the right pane, find and delete the UpperFilters registry entry and LowerFilters registry entry. 3. Reboot your machine. Regards, Bruce
December 7th, 2009 11:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics