CD/DVD Driver and Windows 2008 R2
Hello, I recently downloaded ISO image of "spa_windows_server_2008_r2_st_ent_dc_web_retail_x64_X15-50375" from msdnaa, and burned it slowly, but at the moment of the instalation,I got a trouble at the very beggining. The installers asks me for my CD/DVD device driver. Well, while I get support from LG, I looked for other alternatives of installing. I found I could install it from an usb pen (http://geeks.ms/blogs/eliasmereb/archive/2008/06/01/instalar-windows-server-2008-windows-vista-desde-una-memoria-usb.aspx), so I tried it. I unplugged my dvd drive and booted from my usb pen, but guess what? I still got the same trouble. Interesting, considering that there's no DVD drive plugged to my pc... After keep looking for in internet, I found that the trouble might also be caused by the motherboard driver. So I tried any possible combination of AHCI/IDE and Legacy/Native modes that my mobo offered, but still got the same issue (all this even having the DVD drive unplugged...very interesting...) The installation doesn't let me continue if I don't solve at that moment the "DVD problem", which I don't think is caused by it... My current HW config is: GA-EP45-UD3L Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 3GB Kingston 800mhz memory HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20NS15 WDC WD1600AABS-00H4A0 WDC WD6400AAKS-00A7B2 Well, I'll keep waiting a solution for my trouble from you (Microsoft) and LG. Thanks for any help. PD: sorry for my english, I'm argentinian.
September 30th, 2010 10:40am

Hi, in warning message there are driver's names that are required ?Edoardo Benussi - Microsoft MVP Management Infrastructure - Systems Administration https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Profile/Benussi Windows Server Italian Forum Moderator edo[at]mvps[dot]org
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2010 3:54pm

Buenas, el mensaje de advertencia no me solicita ningun driver en específico. Solo dice que se trata del de la unidad de DVD. Te lo paso a transcribir al mensaje: Cargar controlador No se encuentra un controlador de dispositivo para la unidad de CDs o DVDs. Si cuenta con algun disquete, CD, DVD, o unidad flash USB que pueda contener al controlador, insertelo ahora. Nota: si el medio de instalacion de Windows esta en la unidad de CDs o DVDs, puede quitarlo con seguridad para realizar este paso Segui buscando por internet y al parecer es un problema bastante común sin solución. Gracias por cualquier ayuda.
September 30th, 2010 9:43pm

Hi, It seems that you were encountered a corrupt ISO issue, you may try to download the ISO again to see whether you get the same issue. The following post discussed the similar issue, you can refer to: Windows7 PRO or Ent x32 cannot install on Hyper-V http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverhyperv/thread/d4f0cc9a-de07-43d6-b0dc-a89a5775c020 Required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing .... http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistasetup/thread/4d906f85-7650-4eff-8bd2-13ec2b0bd2ae By the way, this forum is geared to answer questions via English and on the English version of product. I am sorry to say that we may couldn’t understand the exact problem. To efficiently troubleshoot this problem, I would like to suggest that you contact local Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) for this. You can speak directly with a Microsoft Support Professional to analyze the problem. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, please go to the following address on the World Wide Web, to find the local number: http://support.microsoft.com/directory/overview.asp Thank you for your understanding and I hope this will be resolved soon. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
October 1st, 2010 5:24am

Hello again, Well...I must say that I managed to install the OS. But did not got exactly what I wanted... I checked your links and many people offered many solution wich worked for some people but for many didn't. Somewhen I'll try them and post my particular solution, but, as they say, It's a waste of time MS should have avoided us...anyway... What I did, was going again to msdnaa site and download the isos of the spanish and the english version of windows server 2008 R2. The spanish version download, neither on the first time,nor on the second, was interrupted,so a corrupted download could be discarded. The english version download was interrupted somewhen in the middle of it, but resumed after a while. For the english version, I made a bootable installation pendrive, booted it and MAGIC!, the installation didn't asked me for a "CD/DVD driver"... So I finished the install, activated it, got all the updates and all the stuff...GREAT. Just out of curiosity, after that, I made a bootable installation pendrive of the spanish version, booted with it and...IT ASKED ME AGAIN FOR THE CD/DVD drive... I can't manage to understand it... Why is that difference between both versions? Shouldn't have them differences only at the interface level? so why does one works perfectly and the other is buggy? I must say that in the quest of the "CD/DVD drive", the spanish installation advanced one more step when I provided the chipset driver (the southbridge one), but any version of it couldn't make the instal to work. So now I've got an Windows Server 2008 r2 english operating system, wich is fine FOR ME. It's not what I exactly wanted, but is ok. By the way, let's make the language not a barrier for knowledge... Thanks for waisting your time with me. And for the help both of you provided. Best Regards.
October 2nd, 2010 9:38am

Hello again, Well...I must say that I managed to install the OS. But did not got exactly what I wanted... I checked your links and many people offered many solution wich worked for some people but for many didn't. Somewhen I'll try them and post my particular solution, but, as they say, It's a waste of time MS should have avoided us...anyway... What I did, was going again to msdnaa site and download the isos of the spanish and the english version of windows server 2008 R2. The spanish version download, neither on the first time,nor on the second, was interrupted,so a corrupted download could be discarded. The english version download was interrupted somewhen in the middle of it, but resumed after a while. For the english version, I made a bootable installation pendrive, booted it and MAGIC!, the installation didn't asked me for a "CD/DVD driver"... So I finished the install, activated it, got all the updates and all the stuff...GREAT. Just out of curiosity, after that, I made a bootable installation pendrive of the spanish version, booted with it and...IT ASKED ME AGAIN FOR THE CD/DVD driver... I can't manage to understand it... Why is that difference between both versions? Shouldn't have them differences only at the interface level? so why does one works perfectly and the other is buggy? I must say that in the quest of the "CD/DVD driver", the spanish installation advanced one more step when I provided the chipset driver (the southbridge one), but any version of it couldn't make the instal to work. So now I've got an Windows Server 2008 r2 english operating system, wich is fine FOR ME. It's not what I exactly wanted, but is ok. By the way, let's make the language not a barrier for knowledge... Thanks for waisting your time with me. And for the help both of you provided. Best Regards.
October 2nd, 2010 9:39am

Hi, You may try to have a download from the following page to see whether you get the same issue with Spanish edition of Windows Server 2008 R2, then we can identify whether the ISO file on msdnaa site is corrupt, or there is a corrupt during the download. Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation (180 days) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=BA571339-5436-4CF5-9C37-6ED7DAB6F781&displaylang=en Best Regards, Vincent Hu
October 4th, 2010 2:08am

Hello, Thanks! I finally could install windows server 2008 r2 at native spanish by downloading it from that link. Also activated it and going to download all the updates right now. It seems that the ISO file at msdnaa is corrupt, so you'll be very helpful if you notify that so others won't go through what I went through. Once again, thanks for your help.
October 4th, 2010 6:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics