CD/DVD Burning
I can not burn anything! It tells me no disc in play and I have tryed every differant kind of disc! Can anyone help me with a free program. I have to add that if I keep trying(sometimes 50times) it some times works
July 9th, 2009 1:18am

I doubt that different software will help you. That sounds like a hardware problem to me.Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 9th, 2009 4:48am

hi there, i had the similar experience where in there was a problem with my CDRom drivers , i replaced them and it started burning the data into my DVD / Read/write CD. If the above problem didnt solve then as bill said you need to change your CD rom drive and check if it is the culprit. sainath !analyze
July 9th, 2009 8:38am

Hi, Please try ImgBurn or Nero 9 trial: ImgBurn http://www.imgburn.com Nero 9 trial http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero9-trial.php If the issue persists, I suggest trying the following methods to troubleshoot the issue: Method 1 If you have any third-party CD/DVD-burning software such as Naro or ImgBurn installed, please temporarily remove them Method 2 Delete Filter Drivers ====================== 1. Click Start, type regedit and press ENTER. 2. Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} 3. Right click the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save. Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file. 4. Highlight this key ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane, and then check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them. 5. Restart the computer. Method 3 Reinstall the DVD Burner ======================= 1. Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. 2. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. 3. Right-click the DVD burner and click Uninstall. 4. Restart the computer. Reinstall your burning software and test the result. If the issue still occurs, I am afraid that your DVD burner is damaged. Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 9th, 2009 8:43am

If KewlKidFla is using Server 2008 or Server 2008 R2, then in-box burning support is blocked to any user accounts that are not the in-box localsystem\administrator account.The solutions to use burning on Server 2008 are either of the two following options:1. Log in as the localsystem\administrator account to burn using the built in burning capabilities.2. Download an install a third party solution and run that third party burning solution *elevated*.Thanks!Mike Poz [MSFT]
November 18th, 2009 8:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics