CA Online Responder - Is it possible to host the online responder on its own system? (OCSP template missing on issuing CA)
From my research this is possible but in my attempts to construct it I am thus far unable to do so. It may prove easier for me to drop the idea all together and hold the online responder on the CA itself but I would like to determine if it can work and if so how. So the situation is: I have an issuing CA that at the moment is setup as only a certificate authority. I had been attempting to work though information found online for the setup but I have hit a snag. The online responder is installed on its own 2008 system, and the there is no online responder (as of yet) on the CA. I need to properly configure the OCSP template on the issuing CA but am unable to do so since it does not exist in the templates list of the CA. Is this because there is not an online reponder on the CA or is something else wrong? It seems counter intuitive to me to need to install the online responder on the CA when my current goal is to leave it on its own system. Thanks in advance for any information. I will continue to try and solve this issue in the mean time and post back here if I succeed.
October 24th, 2010 3:14pm

Sorry everyone. I totally screwed up. I was in the certificate authority templates area and found what I needed when I got out of there and instead opened mmc and loaded in the appropriate snapin (certificate templates). Solved my own issue. Thanks though,
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 24th, 2010 3:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics