Building a BizTalk Services SFTP Bridge To Receive Custom Format Data

So, here's the situation: I'm working on a project to integrate two separate systems together but I've run into a bit of a snag.

I currently believe that BizTalk will only accept messages in the EDI or AS2 formats (or derivatives) and in order for BizTalk to accept the messages in the first place messages not in those formats will have to be translated.

Is this correct or have I got it all backwards?

Thank you!

September 4th, 2015 12:08pm

What format of data you want to receive in BizTalk? Is it any specific format other than EDI or AS2?

Rahul

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2015 12:16pm

It's a proprietary format I'm afraid, called IDF (Interchange Data Dormat) not to be confused with IDF (Intermediate Data Format).
September 4th, 2015 12:18pm

Hi,

I am not sure what exactly is the format you are talking about as it is a proprietary format but if BizTalk cannot handle this format, then you have 2 options:

• Create a custom component outside BizTalk that can convert the IDF format to some format that BizTalk can understand
  • Create an Adapter in BizTalk that will fetch the data and convert it to XML or some format that BizTalk understands before submitting it to message box.

Please indicate "Mark as Answer" or "Mark as Helpful" if this post has answered the question

Rahul

September 4th, 2015 12:44pm

Hi,

I am not sure what exactly is the format you are talking about as it is a proprietary format but if BizTalk cannot handle this format, then you have 2 options:

• Create a custom component outside BizTalk that can convert the IDF format to some format that BizTalk can understand
  • Create an Adapter in BizTalk that will fetch the data and convert it to XML or some format that BizTalk understands before submitting it to message box.

Please indicate "Mark as Answer" or "Mark as Helpful" if this post has answered the question

Rahul

September 4th, 2015 12:44pm

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the reply! Can I create adapters using BizTalk Services (the cloud-based version, to be clear)?

I can't see the option to and would like to confirm if I'm going to have to install BizTalk on a VM instead.

September 4th, 2015 12:58pm

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the reply! Can I create adapters using BizTalk Services (the cloud-based version, to be clear)?

I can't see the option to and would like to confirm if I'm going to have to install BizTalk on a VM instead.

September 4th, 2015 12:58pm

The systems you are trying to connect are both on cloud and you are trying to integrate the systems using BizTalk Services right?

Rahul

September 4th, 2015 1:58pm

One of them isn't no. We also can't modify the system on the sender's end.
September 4th, 2015 2:17pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics