Build Error Azure Tools 2.5 - Web Role Deployment Project - WCF + clientaccesspolicy.xml

Hi, 

Today, when I tried to publish an wcf service + clientaccesspolicy.xml file to Azure I got an build error: 

3>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v12.0\Windows Azure Tools\2.5\Microsoft.WindowsAzure.targets(2930,5): error : Access to the path 'C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\Temp\1to0fyc1.r4x\roles\com.screensocializer.cloud.ws\approot\clientaccesspolicy.xml' is denied.

When I double-clicked on the error it pointed me out to 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.targets' file: 

<CSPack
      ServiceDefinitionFile="@(TargetServiceDefinition)"
      Output="@(PublishServicePackage)"
      PackRoles="@(Roles)"
      SiteMapping="@(SiteMapping)"
      RoleProperties="@(RoleProperties)"
      ImportedModules="@(ImportedModules)"
      CopyOnly="false"
      >

IDE is VS 2013. I can't use the right-click 'Package' option since the package fails to build. 

Additional information: I faced a license verification problem before that deployment problem; there was not any problem (probably) before the Windows Azure Tools\2.5 auto-installation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

February 15th, 2015 6:56pm

Hi Zeren,

I tried to reproduce this error on my side, but failed. I created a clientaccesspolicy.xml file on the WCF role root directory. I can deploy the project on Azure successfully. Also, I wondered to know what's problem about license verification? Also, I recommend you could reinstall the Azure Tool for VS, Please access this page:http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/

Also, you could try to use command line to deploy project:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26030055/can-package-windows-azure-cloud-project-from-command-line-but-not-deploy-to-win

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2015 5:11am

Hi Will, 

When I remove the 'clientaccesspolicy.xmlfrom work role approot content directory, my silverlight application can access to wcf web role after new deployment; which is not possible several months ago (I think)..

Best Regards,

February 18th, 2015 10:15pm

Very glad to hear your issue is resolved. If you have any difficulty in future programming, we welcome you to post in forums again.

Regards,

Will

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2015 4:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics