Buffer overrun
after Inxtalling a new printer to my windows 2003 server i got the below error."Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Buffer overrun detected! Program: C:\Windows\system32\spoolsv.exe A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated."the print spooler service is stopped, and whenever I start it, the error comes up again just as soon as any printer-related function is done--like opening the printers dialog box.Please help me, need to know how to get this resolved.
January 16th, 2010 3:50am

after Inxtalling a new printer to my windows 2003 server i got the below error."Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Buffer overrun detected! Program: C:\Windows\system32\spoolsv.exe A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated."the print spooler service is stopped, and whenever I start it, the error comes up again just as soon as any printer-related function is done--like opening the printers dialog box.Please help me, need to know how to get this resolved.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 16th, 2010 3:52am

Hi mahmoud awad,Thank you for posting in windows server forums, Possible chances of the error could be that the runtime components are missing from the server which leads to the above error message.try installing the run time components on to the server by navigating to the below link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=eni would also suggest you to check with the vendor for any known causes It is desired to check the servie behavior in safe mode /clean boot by disabling the 3rd party services using msconfig utility from start --> run --> msconfig.
January 16th, 2010 6:25am

Thanks Sainath for your reply t i'ld like to clarifywo more things first my MS Visual C++ version is 2005, and i did tried your recommended solution but still no gain, please Dudes its urgent anyone who faced this problem before please help.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2010 1:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics