Browser issues Server 2008 R2
I have a single domain thevillage.local, I have 20 location conected by VPN's. I can browse for a computer at any location but it will show only the resources/computers at that location. I have installed wins and that did not work. Computer browser, ssdp upnp and all those functions are running. I have spent several days on this issue and even brought in outside help. Bottom line I cannot browses all of my resources/computers. On the server 2008 r2 machines the local computers are not even showing up anymore just a few random machines. I can ping any machine at any location by IP or name and it works just fine. This is not causing any network issue, its just a pain to try and find PC's and shares for our users. Any help or ideas would be helpful.....
February 16th, 2011 8:15pm

Hello, have you enabled Network discovery in the advanced sharin settings in the network and sharing center?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2011 5:32pm

Hi, Thanks for the post. Please feel free to let us know if there is any update on this issue. Meanwhile, please check the following points: • Can you establish a NetBIOS session with the target machine using “net view \\ip_address”? • Can you connect directly to a share on the machine using “start, run \\ip_address\share_name or \\server_name\share_name” or map a drive to the target machine? Thanks, Miles Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 21st, 2011 4:06am

Hi, Please feel free to let us know if there is any update on this issue. Thanks, MilesPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 2nd, 2011 9:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics