BranchCache Client on a RD Host?

I've recently setup BranchCache (distributed mode) between a Win 2008R2 File server and some remote sites.   This works fine for Win7 PC clients, but a couple of remote sites run some of their own servers including RD Hosts.   These branch users use a RD session to access local and remote file servers.   I haven't been able to find anything on how to turn on BranchCache CLIENT mode on a RD host so it can take part in BranchCache (distributed mode) in a branch.

When i try to run the NETSH branchcache commands on a (Win 2008R2) RD host, i keep getting the message  "This command can only be executed when BranchCache is installed."

I have installed 'BranchCache for network files' role service on a RD host without any success - I suspect this only installs BranchCache SERVER mode.   

I have thought of using BranchCache Hosted mode, but have found nothing in the documentation to imply this would work.  I don't have a CA so setting this up would be a lot of work, probably for nothing. 

Any help, even pointing me in the right direction, would be much appreciated.

February 15th, 2013 6:58am

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards

Kevin

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2013 7:00am

We are having the same issues trying to use BranchCache on a RD Host, did you find a solution for this?
March 4th, 2013 7:16am

Hi Kevin,

Haven't heard back from you and it has been nearly a month.    Have you found an answer?  Is there anyone I can talk to about this?

Thanks

Rick

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 15th, 2013 2:40am

Hi guys,

This has now been resolved in this thread, and the answer is yes, it works fine: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e11458e5-fe27-4d7a-ae7b-0008a7f451f5/branchcache-between-2-2012r2-servers?forum=windowsserver2008r2branchoffice

//Andreas
http://2pintsoftware.com

January 31st, 2015 2:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics