Bluetooth driver for Latitude D620
Hello: I am running Windows Server 2008 on a Dell Latitude D620. After I ran through the installation of Bluetooth drivers, the Device Manager is not able to recognize the Bluetooth devices; I have three unknown devices. Can somebody help me solve this issue? Venki
February 25th, 2008 9:57pm

That depends on what Bluetooth device you actually have in there, but I am guessing you may be out of luck. You can check Dell's website to see if they have the driver for download. You could have Windows search online for an appropriate driver. You might even be able to use the Vista Driver. But, I am guessing that you are going to be without that functionality for a while if you areusing Windows 2008.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 25th, 2008 10:57pm

Aaron: Thanks for your reply. I did download the drivers from Dell for Vista but they did not work. Of course, Dell Technical support has this stupid policy of not supporting a OS other than what was shipped with the laptop! I guess I have to wait until someone develops one for Windows Server 2008. When I tried to install the wireless adapter, it did not initially work. But I learned that you have to turn on Wireless as a feature whereupon the wireless worked. I was wondering if there is a similar pre-requisite for installing blue-tooth. Venki
February 26th, 2008 12:27am

Hello, Please note, because Windows Server 2008 has just been released in February, some manufacturersmay have not produced or have produced but have not published the device drivers for their produces to work with Windows Server 2008. It is hardware manufacturers' responsibility to provide device drivers. Therefore, I would like to recommend you to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth devices for further assistance. By the way, according to the below KB article, Bluetooth is not supported by default in Windows Server 2008 OS. How to enable Windows Vista user experience features on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;947036 The following Windows Vista features are not available in Windows Server 2008: Bluetooth support Thanks. Regards, Neo Zhu -MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 6th, 2008 1:45pm

I was able to get my Trendnet Bluetooth device working on server 2008, using and older Widcomm driver. Version 5.1.0.1100 to be exact. It works excellent with my RAZR2 phone.
March 15th, 2008 10:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics