Bluetooth Driver on Windows Server 2008
HiI have Installed Windows Server 2008 32bit Standard Edition on My Notebook where i can get everything working fine (all my Notebook Applications) but only one thing doesn't works properl my Bluetooth Drivers.I can able to search and add bluetooth devices to my notebook but cannot able to communicate with those devices and i find the one of the device says as unknown and when i tried to search for the drivers it says cannot able to find it and gives a solution to install a windows vista update (KB940199). I downloaded the update and installed it but it says 'does not apply to your system' and now my bluetooth devices are not working.My Notebook configuration isACER Ferrari 1004WTMI, 4gbRam, AMD Turion X2 Processor.I'm using the bluetooth mouse which communicates with my built in bluetooth dongle from BROADCOMM. but doesn't worksi have installed the latest version of my bluetooth driver from ACER.Can anybody help me out to solve this ?
May 30th, 2008 6:51am

Hello,Bluetooth is not available for Windows Server 2008. You would have to get the drivers and Bluetooth stack from ACER or from the Bluetooth devices that you are attempting to install. The referenced message means that driver is not intended to be installed on Windows Server 2008ThanksDarrell Gorter
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 31st, 2008 2:38am

Hello,Thanks for your suggestion. I have installed the Latest drivers from ACER but still doesn't work. But i can able to Install the bluetooth drivers on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 its works fine there.Is there any workaround to get it working.
June 1st, 2008 3:33pm

Can you please specify your Broadcom Wireless model number ???Thanks Syed
June 1st, 2008 5:15pm

My Bluetooth Model No isBCM92045NMD
June 3rd, 2008 5:23am

Can you please directly update the drivers from the below website ??http://www.broadcom.com/products/bluetooth_update.php Syed
June 3rd, 2008 9:25am

Hi Syed,Thanks for your information. i haveupdated the latest version of bluetooth Broadcomm.but still having the same problem.
June 4th, 2008 6:35am

Hmmm :) Ok lets try thishttp://www.gilkirkpatrick.com/Blog/post/Installing-the-Microsoft-Bluetooth-Stack-on-Windows-Server-2008.aspxPlease check and let me know.ThanksSyed
June 4th, 2008 10:14am

Hi Syed,Thanks for the information. It worked now my bluetooth device able to communicate with other devices.Thanks for your solution.
June 4th, 2008 1:42pm

Great HELP US TO HELP YOU :)Syed
June 4th, 2008 2:27pm

Hi Syed,Thanks for your support. Every BT devices works fine except my Bluetooth Mouse. I'm getting an error while installing the Bluetooth HID Device driver.Getting this error The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
June 4th, 2008 5:24pm

Hi Syed,Thanks for your support and help. i'm able to rectify this issue. actually i missed to to copy the file hidbth.sys from drivestore\repository folder. after copy and then i tried to re-install the driver it installed properly and my bluetooth mouse works fineThanks
June 4th, 2008 5:47pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics