Blue screen Windows 2008 after software installation
After installed a software in my windows 2008 server I cant start again, just in safe mode. In real mode after logon the system shows me a blue screen with this codes: 0x00000024 0x001904aa 0x972ac8bc 0x972ac5b8 0x81df9476 I already remove the bad software (antivirus) but the problem still, any idea? (I have no registry backup) Thanks, Ewerton
May 1st, 2009 10:34pm

hi ewerton ,in order to diagonize the issue there are 3 concerete steps a) identify the module / ( dll or sys ) file which is causing the issue, this you can find out when you see the BSOD ( blue screen of death) windows will at times displays the module name, depends on how the software is registered, so you can see the bug check id along with it , make sure you take a screen shot and give us the information.b) If you are sure that issue is causing because of specific software , thenyou need to check during software installation what are the files the software registers ( mainly dll and sys files ) and you need to check if the software vendor has released any latest patches / new sys file / updates. Contact the vendor only when you feel that the 3rd party software is causing the issue.c) you need to collect the memory dump for analysis. when a BSOD occur you can configure either compelete memory dump / kernel dump ( mini dump will not give ocmplete information ) please follow the below articleshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969028hope this helps , please post back if you have any further queries.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 2nd, 2009 8:40pm

I did use WhoCrashed to analyze dump files, and detected this problem: On Fri 01/05/2009 18:43:02 your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module: ntfs.sys Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904AA, 0x962808BC, 0x962805B8, 0x81DEF476) Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys product: Microsoft Windows Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT File System Driver The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Likely the culprit is another driver on your system which cannot be identified. Someone have seen this problem? Now I can just go on in safe mode. Thanks..
May 3rd, 2009 4:08am

hi ewerton, thanks for the information , in order to further diagonize the problem and find out the Root cause of he problem and also which module / sys file was responsible you need to collect the complete memory dump and send it for analysis, you can follow the links which i had mentioned earlier in my post and configure the complete / kernel memory dump . If you cannot perform the aboe said action lan, then you need to uninstall the software and check if the issue exists , and if the issue does not exists then you need to contact the vendor and request a new binaries. sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 3rd, 2009 2:19pm

Hi, According to the error message, we find it seems to be system crash issue and we need to analyze the crash dump file to narrow down the root cause of the issue. Unfortunately, it is not effective for us to debug the crash dump file here in the forum. Therefore, I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607 Hope the issue will be resolved soon. Best regards, Vincent Hu
May 4th, 2009 9:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics