Blue Screen error 0xc0000034

My husband has an Acer Aspire Ultraslim M5-481PT with Windows 8.1 Op System.  One day he turned it on and got a blue screen that says:

RECOVERY

Your PC needs to be repaired.

The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information.

File:\BCD

Error code: 0xc0000034

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media.  If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device) contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

I contacted Acer and purchased a set of recovery discs which I received today.  The instructions say to put in the System Disc, reboot, and press F12 when the splash screen first appears to bring up the boot menu.  When I do this, I can hear the disc being read and can tell the hard drive is spinning.  It goes directly back to the blue screen with the message above, though.  I cannot boot anything as I cannot get to the boot menu.  Then it turns itself off.

Any suggestions?  And thank you.

August 27th, 2015 6:00pm

Hi there,

This is SQL server forum. You will get better response if you post in windows server or desktop support forums.

I have had blue screen problems in the past i had managed to repair the OS using the disks given by a friend. It was XP.

i have years worth of photos and files i saved it to a portable disk. Guess what The problem repeated and  few months down my hard disk was corrupted and dead.

once you are able to recover first secure your data.

All the best.

kumar

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 6:26pm

Hello,

Please repair Windows 8 using the following article:

http://www.howtogeek.com/131916/how-to-use-the-advanced-startup-options-to-fix-your-windows-8-computer/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
SQLCoffee.com

August 27th, 2015 6:29pm

Hi,

This will help you..

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/error-code-0xc0000034-in-windows-8-boot/15e63631-1f94-473f-83a8-8d7af48a83f7?auth=1

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 10:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics