Block Internet access on all servers
Hi We are looking for a solution that blocks admins from accessing internet from server. We added the outgoing rule to block all communications on port 80/443/8080 (the proxy port). Also with proxy appliance we blocked access to internet from these servers based on IP. Is there any better solution to achieve this locally (means by using local firewall or IE settings) Regards LMS
September 17th, 2012 6:18am

Hi, Thank you for the post. Your operation is correct to set rule on proxy server/router. On computer local, you could set wrong proxy server/remove DNS server or gateway to block Internet access. But local admin could do anything on local to change the settings to access Internet. If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. RegardsRick Tan TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 18th, 2012 10:59pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Rick Tan TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.Rick Tan TechNet Community Support
September 23rd, 2012 10:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics