Black Screen Before Login

Hi

We have windows server 2008 R2 before login screen it shows Black Screen and you are not able to do anything. Server is working fine in safe mode and safe mode with networking.

Restore the authui.dll from the Windows 2008 R2 ISO still the issue is not resolved any idea how we can work on this issue

regards

August 24th, 2015 8:13am

More materia evidence is needed. History - what you did..., what errors and warnings are in logs,...

Set logging boot process and analyze resulting logs.

Regards

Milos

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 2:50pm

Will share the boot logging process logs

1.I restore the authui.dll to windows system32\wow64

2. Last known good configuration 

3. Registry file replace user.int and explorer.int

4. Restore all the registry from c:\windows\system32\config\regback to main location

5. Check Disk 

6. sfc scan now 

any other option if left let me know ?

Thanks

August 24th, 2015 5:58pm

Hi,

Since the server entered with safe mode and safe mode with network, you may considering of restart the server with clean boot:
Run msconfig, hide all Microsoft services and disable remaining services on Services tab, disable all items on Startup tab. Then restart the server and confirm the result.

If clean boot successful, try to narrow down this problem with automatically startup process. If clean boot fail, try to narrow down this problem with hardware drivers, such as display deriver:
Enter server with safe mode, open Device Manager and Disable the drivers. Then restart the server and confirm the result.

Best Regards,
Eve Wang
August 27th, 2015 9:51am

sorry for keep you guys waiting it does not solve the problem we already tried. In the end we rebuild the server . 
September 7th, 2015 1:38am

Hi,

Very sorry that the suggestion is not helpful. Also, thank you for taking the time to let me know the result.

Best Regards,
Eve Wang

September 7th, 2015 2:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics