Biztalk XSLT Mapping Tips and Tricks??

I have over 500 field elements to map in XSLT and would like to know what tools everyone uses to speed up the process of XSLT mapping. 

I attempted to use EXCEL but ran into issues with the schema validation.  

What tricks do you use to map XSLT elements faster?

July 17th, 2013 10:33pm

I use Shift-Drag&Drop, when link the records. All nested elements will be linked automatically. 

Also Mass Copy functoid could be used, if we need to copy something without any change.

It the mapping follows some rules, creating map with Xslt code (without graphic Mapper) would be faster in development and the result map will be much faster.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 17th, 2013 10:47pm

If you specifically want to do the mapping in XSLT rather than using the map designer (perhaps for performance reasons) then an option is to use the map designer (Leonid has listed some good tips above) to start with, then right click on your .btm map file in solution explorer and choose validate map. 

This will generate the XSLT file (look in the output window) based on the mappings in your map designer which you can then edit to your hearts content and you can instruct the map to use this XSLT file rather than what you've created in the designer (might be a good idea to delete all design elements so it's obvious to the next developer that the map uses XSLT).

July 17th, 2013 11:26pm

Let me give you an example

I have 200 records in my source.

Name- ID- Location

Based on the ID I want to map the destination

Type- Name- ID -Label- Location- Time

Using XSLT I have to type the Static Data for Type Label and Time.

I am looking to save time by using a tool of sorts that will allow me to create the XSLT with the static data based on the ID.

Using EXCEL I attempted to use the Concatenate function to piece the data together so I could then copy and paste it into the XSLT. 

*Note - using the traditional mapper did not work because the loop functoid max input was reached.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 17th, 2013 11:51pm

It can be done with xslt code. Please, see Johann recommendation how to create the initial Xslt file. Xslt it a pretty powerful language working with sets as the SQL language does. So it looks as a good choice to do your repetitive tasks.
July 18th, 2013 4:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics