Biztalk Server 2010 Developer Training Kit Question

Hi

I have installed Biztalk and the related Biztalk training kit on a Windows 7 system. I am looking for the Lab files, the folder on my machine only contains a Word document of the modules in the labs but none of the related files CustomerInfo.xsd etc. I do not have access to Hyper-V to load the VHD to get the files from there.

Does anyone know where I can get hold og the Lab files (AllFiles)?

Mark

June 29th, 2011 12:52am

Hi Mark,

That is odd if you go to site where you can download the kit, you labs and video's. If download the BizTalk2010Labs.zip and unpack it on your machine you should have two directories one called labs and other Manuals. If you drill down into the labs folder you must see solutions, schema's, ect. I have not seen a VHD on site, unless you have downloaded the pre-configured VHD. Latter I can image you cannot access from Windows 7, so you need to download labs from first link I gave.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2011 7:09am

Hi Steef-Jan

I have downloaded the Biztalk Server 2010 Developer Training Kit from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14865 . This training kit has 19 labs in it. The link you have given above is to the whats new training course which only has three labs.

If you access one of the VM 2010 training couses under http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/aa740373 you will see the server contains the AllFiles directory on the C:, this is what I am after, and is not available out side of the VHD in the link above.

Mark

June 29th, 2011 11:17am

Mark,

I have Just installed the same VHD on a Win 2008 R2 machine.

when i try and access the c:\allfiles folder i get an error that it is not available. I have had a quick look and i can't find anything i did wrong in mounting the VHD.

However i note that the c:\allfiles folder is supposed to be a Mounted Drive, and wonder if it's possible that there was an error made in the creation of the VHD

June 29th, 2011 3:30pm

Gareth

After some digging I have found that the All_files folder vhd can be found under the VM\common folder as bt10t-allfiles.vhd.

As for a standalone installation not using hyper-v, the vhd can be mounted using Administration Tools\Computer Management\ Disk Management and then selecting mount VHD from the More Actions Drop Down.

Mark  

July 4th, 2011 12:53am

Gareth

After some digging I have found that the All_files folder vhd can be found under the VM\common folder as bt10t-allfiles.vhd.

As for a standalone installation not using hyper-v, the vhd can be mounted using Administration Tools\Computer Management\ Disk Management and then selecting mount VHD from the More Actions Drop Down.

Mark  

July 4th, 2011 12:53am

Mark,

Thanks for your help, sorry for waiting so long for getting back to you, but i have a related problem.

I am not sure how to access the file son the VHD, do i mount them? where do i mount them, on the host machine on the VM?

I have to admit that VM's and Hyper-V are not technologies i am familliar with.

July 28th, 2011 12:58pm

Hi can anybody please share the solutions files so that I can open it in my local where I have BizTalk installed.
April 23rd, 2015 8:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics