Biztalk Server 2010 Developer Training Kit - Hyper-V - black screen

Hello,

I successfully imported the BizTalk Server 2010 developer Training Kit into Windows 2006R2 Hyper-V Manager.

I can connect to e.g. virtual machine bt10d-1 and start it, but in the Virtual Machine Connection window only a black screen apears. Hyper-V Manager says that the machine is running.

Since it is a fresh install of Win2008R2 - Hyper-V, I created a Win7x86 Hyper-V virtual machine, which runs fine.

I also tried to create my own virtual machine and added the bt10d-01.vhd and bt10t-allfile.vhd to the self created VM. On start in Virtual Machine Connection Screen appears a black screen, Hyper-V Manger says that the machine is running.

How can I run the BizTalk Server 2010 Developer Kit VMs in a usable way on Win2008R2 Hyper-V?

J_BE

November 7th, 2012 2:31pm

Hi,

I'd suggest you follow the instruction below to import the virtual machine into Hyper-V:

In the Setup folder there is an application that will add all the VMs into Hyper-V.  The app does this while maintaining only a single copy of the base images.  To install, open a command promt with the "Run as Administrator" option and change directory to the setup folder.  The import will fail if you do not run the command prompt with this option.  Then run the command:

importVM.exe full path to base image

For example, if the root of the labs is c:\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 Training, then the command would be:

importVM.exe "C:\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 Training\VM\common\BizTalk2010Demo.vhd"

Enter the username ADVENTUREWORKS\Administrator and password pass@word1 to login.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 9th, 2012 5:04am

Hi can anybody please share the solutions files so that I can open it in my local where I have BizTalk installed.
April 23rd, 2015 8:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics