BizTalk schema in helper class

Is it possible to return BizTalk schema data type in a helper class method?

A BizTalk orchestration exposed as a web service receives an XmlDocument and we need to deserialize it to typed message. I was thinking of adding the deserialize in a Helper class that accepts the incoming XMlDocument  and return a typed message back to the orchestration in a message assignment shape.

May 27th, 2015 3:55pm

So, why would you want to do this?

A Schema based message is already 'Typed'.

Or are you talking about serialized classes or Entities?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2015 4:10pm

Because the Orchestration is exposed as a web service and accepts an XmlDocument. Without having to go through xpaths, I am trying to see if the XmlDocument can be deserialized into a typed message perhaps by adding required namespaces as well to the incoming request in the orchestration.
May 27th, 2015 4:20pm

I think I found how to, by generateing a class using xsd.exe for the schema, I can then use it in the helper class.
May 27th, 2015 4:48pm

But you shouldn't have to do any of that, especially using xsd.exe.

In BizTalk, the Schema is the Type.

Do you mean you don't have a Schema for the XmlDocument?  Visual Studio has a Schema Wizard.

May 27th, 2015 4:56pm

If the orchestration receives an XmlDocument, you can still instantiate the message by using the statement MyMessage = xmlDocument OR MyMessage.BodyPart = xmlDocument.

You can use the XSD and XmlSerializer if you want to construct new messages in helper. Refer https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa547985.aspx for various methods through which messages can be constructed for use within the orchestration.

Regards.

May 28th, 2015 12:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics