BizTalk schema error

I have below schema and when I open it receiving following error : In Details it says - Type 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/dynamics/2008/01/sharedtypes:AxdEnum_AxdEntityAction' is not declared, or is not a simple type. (bunch of errors like this ). What am I doing wrong ?

This schema is an invalid XSD Schema and has the following error(s):
1. Type 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/dynamics/2008/01/sharedtypes:AxdEnum_AxdEntityAction' is not declared, or is not a simple type. 

• Edited by jaguarjags 8 hours 46 minutes ago info
April 27th, 2015 5:59pm

First, open SharedTypes.xsd and see if AxdEnum_AxdEntityAction is there or not.

If not, then you'd have to report this to whoever provided the Schema from the AX side.  Unless you fake an AxdEnum_AxdEntityAction, there's nothing you can do about it.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2015 6:21pm

I was not given any SharedTypes.xsd, I was given just 1 xml file and schema was in it.

When I changed that .xml file to .xsd and added that to my project, double click open it is throwing error as above.

The Schema is invalid schema and has following errors

April 27th, 2015 6:24pm

The schema you had posted previously did have an xs:include or xs:import for SharedTypes.xsd so if you don't have that schema, the actual error is 'not declared' because, absent it's definition, it isn't.

Is the .xml a Schema?  Probably not so leave the .xml.

You need to get SharedTypes.xsd form the schema publisher.  There is no other way around this.  This is not your problem, they provided you with incomplete information.

April 27th, 2015 6:49pm

Thank you Boat seller for guidance. 1) how to paste a schema on the blogs, if I paste my .xsd here, it shows inappropriate format. 2) he gave me the schema in .xml file. I copied that as .xsd and opened in my project 3) what do you mean by schema publisher ? A .exe tool to generate schemas or the person will be giving me schema ?? 4) so for the current I need Schema + SharedTypes.xsd ? Correct ?
April 27th, 2015 7:02pm

Hold on, you don't need to post the schema anymore, I already saw what I needed, the xs:import or xs:include (don't remember which one it was but it really doesn't matter).

The schema publisher is whoever you got the schema from.  What they gave you is incomplete, it's missing SharedTypes.xsd.

Yes, you need the message Schema and any other .xsd that it imports or includes, such as SharedTypes.xsd.

April 27th, 2015 7:06pm

Perfect, got required answers. But in future if I want to paste schema, what is the right way to post schema here ?
April 27th, 2015 7:14pm

An Xml type Code Block. Second from the right.
  • Marked as answer by jaguarjags 7 hours 45 minutes ago
April 27th, 2015 7:17pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics