BizTalk Deployment Error

Hello - when I was moving my msi with bindings to different environment, receiving following error .

I created new App pool '_BtsIsoHost_PROD' but still receiving same error. What could be the issue ? How can I resolve this ?

Target DeployNTFSPermissionsOnVDirPaths:
                Modifying NTFS permissions on virtual directory folders...
                cacls "..\xxxxxx" /E /D corp\_BtsIsoHost_PROD:R
                No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

March 30th, 2015 8:51pm

This issue could be because of multiple factors, normally due to access issue over the folder(like root Inetpub). User may not have sufficient permissions to create folder or application.

I would suggest you to export MSI without the web application, for this in "Select Resources" section uncheck web application and binding files while exporting the MSI.

Ideally you should not export MSI with other artifacts like binding file and web applications because these things might have different configurations in different environments. So they should be migrated separately.

To export Web Application

1) In IIS Manager(inetmgr), select your application -> Right click -> Browse

2) This will open the folder location of your application, go one level up to see the complete directory.

3) Copy this folder and take it other environments and copy it to the inetpub folder

4) Open IIS Manager and create new application using the copied folder.

5) Configure the settings(like authentication, App pool etc) as in previous environment.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 31st, 2015 3:04am

We are doing this deployment using BTDF framework, so all the settings are saved in SettingsFileGenerator.xls file. What shall I try for this type of deployment ? Same copy the physical path of ws and put it in inetpub folder ? How to find this folder ? I dont see under C:// ??
March 31st, 2015 5:39am

Hi,

Follow step by step explanation on how to Deploy webservice using BizTalk Deployment Framework

I think you have missed to specify the settings of the webservice. You have to create a new ItemGroup, something like below.

<ItemGroup>
  <VDirList Include="*">
    <Vdir>NameOfWebService</Vdir>
    <AppPool>NameOfAppPoolToRunServiceUnder</AppPool>
    <Physdir>..\NameOfWebserviceFolderYouCopiedEarlier</PhysDir>
  </VDirList>
</ItemGroup>

Refer the link for all the details.

Rachit

March 31st, 2015 6:45am

Yes Rachit, this is mentioned exactly the same way in our .btdfProj file. Can I copy the C:/inetpub/temp (folder) to this new env as I see AppPools and config files are present there. Do you think if I copy that will work ?
March 31st, 2015 6:50am

As clearly mentioned in the article, you have to copy the folder for the webservice from C:\inetpub\wwwroot to your project folder. After you have added the files to your project, make sure the build action on the XSDs is set to None instead of BtsBuild, as the references in these schemas probably cant be resolved on build.

Then you have to make changes in your BTDF project file as mentioned in article.

MBH, pls ensure you have set all properties as mentioned in the article. Follow the article!

Rachit

March 31st, 2015 7:11am

So do I need to copy 'C:\\inetpub\wwwroot' from Dev folder directly into UAT ? My project folder ? Does that mean whers my MSI is located ? Do I need to have full permissions during deployment to 'C:\\inetpub' folder ?
March 31st, 2015 7:20am

This project is running already in UAT, now needs to deploy on PROD but facing this issue . I see in solution folder, WebServices folder is created with config file in it
March 31st, 2015 7:57am

You will have to copy your application folder(Right click and browse your application in inetmgr) from Dev folder and copy it to other environment in same folder structure like -C:\\inetpub\wwwroot\.

Yes you will need full permission in the root folder of inetpub

March 31st, 2015 7:58am

Prashant - if I copy ' inetpub' folder from dev env to UAT I have other App pools already under 'inetpub' in SIT. So if I copy the complete \wwwroot \ folder will that cause any concern or issue to other pools or app or ws ?
March 31st, 2015 8:18am

1) If you wish to include the virtual directory in your BTDF build MSI then you have to copy the folder for the webservice from C:\inetpub\wwwroot to your project folder on your development machine.

Then you have to specify the below property in your btdf project file.

<ItemGroup>
  <VDirList Include="*">
    <Vdir>NameOfWebService</Vdir>
    <AppPool>NameOfAppPoolToRunServiceUnder</AppPool>
    <Physdir>..\NameOfWebserviceFolderYouCopiedEarlier</PhysDir>
  </VDirList>
</ItemGroup>

Vdir: This will hold the name of virtual directory.

AppPool: Name of application pool under which your webservice will run.

Physdir: This will hold the physical path of the webservice folder you copied into your project folder.

This will include the Virtual Directory in your MSI, which can be later installed and imported in your specific environment.

2) The other way is to Copy the content of the virtual directory from C:/inetpub/wwwroot (not the complete inetpub)

Place it on the target server C:/inetpub/wwwroot.

Open IIS richt click on the newly included folder and pick create. Assign appropriate app pool catering to BizTalk application

Rachit

March 31st, 2015 8:43am

Hello Rachit - when I go to my UAT \wwwroot folder, I don't find anything important files under it. Below is screen shot and there is nothing in aspnet_client folder.

But under C:\inetpub\temp I find all App pools. So what is I need to do here ? please suggest

March 31st, 2015 9:15am

If you copy the complete wwwroot folder it can contain other websites.

Also you are not able to find any relevant files in your wwwroot folder because physical location of your application may be different from the default location.

Therefore I am suggesting you to Right Click the application in Inetmgr and browse it. This will open the physical location of the application. Just go one level up to see the complete folder.

Later you can take this folder to other environment and create a web application from inetmgr.

March 31st, 2015 9:37am

Hello Prashant - below is screeshot of the app from Dev env in IIS when I hit browse.

I can see physical path starting from C:\Program Files(x86), what should I do now ?

March 31st, 2015 10:00am

It means this website is having physical location at C:\Program files x86 folder.

Now go to program files 86 folder and copy complete folder(..Integration..) and take it to the other environment.

Later in other env place it at some location and follow the below steps.

How to create a virtual directory

1. Log on to the Web server computer using an account that has administrative privileges.
  2. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Services Manager.
  3. In the Internet Information Services window, expand * <var style="box-sizing:border-box;margin:0px;padding:0px;">server name</var> (where <var style="box-sizing:border-box;margin:0px;padding:0px;">server name</var> is the name of the server).
  4. Right-click the Web site that you want (for example, Default Web Site), point to New, and then click Virtual Directory.
  5. On the Welcome to the Virtual Directory Creation Wizard page, click Next.
  6. On the Virtual Directory Alias page, type the alias that you want (for example, Sales), and then click Next.
  7. On the Web Site Content Directory page, type the UNC path to the remote folder that you have created (for example,\\<var style="box-sizing:border-box;margin:0px;padding:0px;">Server</var>\<var style="box-sizing:border-box;margin:0px;padding:0px;">Share</var>), and then click Next.
  8. On the User Name and Password page, type the user name and password that has sufficient privileges to gain access to the remote folder.

Note To maintain the highest levels of security, use an account that has the minimum permissions that are necessary to provide access to the remote content.
  9. Click Next, re-type the password that you used in step eight in the Confirm Password dialog box, and then click OK.
  10. On the Access Permissions page, click to select the check boxes of the permissions that you want to set for the virtual directory. 

By default, Read permissions and Run scripts permissions are already selected. For example, if you want to allow users to change the content in the virtual directory, click to select the Write check box.
  11. Click Next, and then click Finish.

Note The virtual directory inherits the configuration and security settings of the Web site in which it is created.

How to create a virtual directory on an existing Web site to a folder that resides on a remote computer

March 31st, 2015 12:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics