BizTalk BTDF 6.0 Deployment

I have multiple seperate projects under 1 solution folder, how can this  be deployed using BTDF

Can anyone share ideas and suggestions pl

April 27th, 2015 11:19am

Hi,

First add the BTDF project to the solution and specify the project details.

Then in the btdfproj file you can include the various projects present under the solution as follows:

<ItemGroup>
  <Schemas Include="$(ProjectName).Schemas.dll">
    <LocationPath>..\$(ProjectName).Schemas\bin\$(Configuration)</LocationPath>
  </Schemas>
</ItemGroup>
<ItemGroup>
  <Components Include="$(ProjectName).Utilities.dll">
    <LocationPath>..\$(ProjectName).Utilities\bin\$(Configuration)</LocationPath>
  </Components>
</ItemGroup>
<ItemGroup>
  <PipelineComponents Include="$(ProjectName).PipelineComponents.dll">
    <LocationPath>..\$(ProjectName).PipelineComponents\bin\$(Configuration)</LocationPath>
  </PipelineComponents>
</ItemGroup>
<ItemGroup>
  <Orchestrations Include="$(ProjectName).Orchestrations.dll">
    <LocationPath>..\$(ProjectName).Orchestrations\bin\$(Configuration)</LocationPath>
  </Orchestrations>
</ItemGroup>

For more details please refer:

http://www.tfabraham.com/BTDFDocs/V5_5/ConfiguringBizTalkArtifactsforDe.html

Thanks,

Raghav Ranjan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2015 1:29am

but this will effect every project...

for instance if there are separate projects A,B, C assigned to 3 developers and they should be under 1 solution.

So, if A is completed unit tested is up and running, but something fails in B Then whole solution breaks neither of the projects will work.

Is there any work around for this ?

April 28th, 2015 3:51pm

Well, yes...but are you saying that Project A is test and deployed, then what if B breaks?

If A can be deployed separately from B, then they should be in separate Solutions.

My advice is always that a Solution is one Deployment unit, meaning all Projects in a Solution always go together, every time, even if not all have changed.

April 28th, 2015 4:42pm

Well, yes...but are you saying that Project A is test and deployed, then what if B breaks?

If A can be deployed separately from B, then they should be in separate Solutions.

My advice is always that a Solution is one Deployment unit, meaning all Projects in a Solution always go together, every time, even if not all have changed.

April 28th, 2015 8:41pm

April 28th, 2015 8:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics