BizTalk 2013 - Cannot enter key value pairs in SSO
Recently we have completed a fresh install of BizTalk 2013 R2 on a Windows 2012 R2 server.  Within the SSO Applicaiton Configuration manager I can create an application but then cannot add any key value pairs in that application.  I enter the key value pair and then nothing.  No error, no nothing.
August 11th, 2014 9:21pm

This is a known issue with the SSO Snap-in and BizTalk Server 2013, or more specially, the version of SSO that ships with BizTalk Server 2013.

The solution is very easy and involves a modification to the .config file.

All the details you need are here: http://adventuresinsidethemessagebox.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/getting-the-sso-application-configuration-mmc-to-work-with-biztalk-2013/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 11th, 2014 9:42pm

I had actually already found this solution.  We updated our SSOMMCSnapIn.dll.config file to match the solution suggested.  We then could no longer open the snap-in.  We checked our GAL and found that the version did not match.  We updated the value v7.0.2300.0 to be v9.0.2096.0 .  We now can open the snap-in again but still cannot create value pairs.  This is what is currently in our file.....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<runtime>
  <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" appliesTo="v4.0.30319">
     <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.EnterpriseSingleSignOn.Interop" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="6.0.245.0" newVersion="9.0.2096.0"/>
     </dependentAssembly>
  </assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="CompanyName" value="Plexus Corp" />
  </appSettings>

</configuration>

August 11th, 2014 9:53pm

This bindingRedirect works for me:

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="5.0.1.0" newVersion="7.0.2300.0"/>

Here's my entire .config file which works right in front of me :)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<runtime>
  <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" appliesTo="v4.0.30319">
     <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.EnterpriseSingleSignOn.Interop" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="5.0.1.0" newVersion="7.0.2300.0"/>
     </dependentAssembly>
  </assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="CompanyName" value="Administrator" />
  </appSettings>
</configuration>

August 11th, 2014 10:19pm

Still no dice.  Using your settings above the snap-in will not open.  We get a 'MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it.'
August 12th, 2014 1:26pm

Update...I have opened a call with Microsoft.  They have applied the fix found on http://adventuresinsidethemessagebox.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/getting-the-sso-application-configuration-mmc-to-work-with-biztalk-2013/  and they are having the same results as me.  Currently they are saying that SSO Application Configuration Manager is not supported beyond Server 2008.  They are looking further into it and say they will call back tomorrow.  I'll update here what the result is.
August 13th, 2014 8:26pm

Update...I have opened a call with Microsoft.  They have applied the fix found on http://adventuresinsidethemessagebox.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/getting-the-sso-application-configuration-mmc-to-work-with-biztalk-2013/  and they are having the same results as me.  Currently they are saying that SSO Application Configuration Manager is not supported beyond Server 2008.  They are looking further into it and say they will call back tomorrow.  I'll update here what the result is.
August 13th, 2014 8:26pm

The problem has been resolved.  The solution in the link mentioned earlier in this thread does work, you just have to make sure you get the correct versions in the bindingRedirect section of the SSOMMCSnapIn.dll.config file.  For me the correct value was <bindingRedirect oldVersion="5.0.1.0" newVersion="9.0.1000.0"/> .  To get the correct values I used ILSpy, free download.  First open C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Services\SSO Application Configuration\Microsoft.EnterpriseSingleSignOn.Interop.dll with ILSpy.  The AssemblyVersion number you see at the top is your oldVersion.  Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On\Microsoft.EnterpriseSingleSignOn.Interop.dll in ILSpy.  The AssemblyVersion number you see at the top is your oldVersion.  With these values in your SSOMMCSnapIn.dll.config file SSO value pairs should now work.
August 18th, 2014 1:00pm

Hi,

I faced the same issue. 

Solution: As suggested we need to make a changes to the config file by adding runtime record. Also we need to check the newer version which was deployed in our GAC and the Public key token should be same. Close and open the SSO application configuration, now we can able to add the application and value.

June 26th, 2015 2:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics