BizTalk 2010 with SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 = supported ?

Hi all,

Any idea if the recently released SP1 for SQL Server 2008 R2 is compatible/supported with BizTalk Server 2010?

Thx,

September 6th, 2011 2:51pm

I'm pretty sure it works if applying the patch after installing BT.  I have not yet tried with the patch first, but I will know this week I guess. 

Kind Regards,

-Dan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 6th, 2011 4:03pm

Hi Matthew,

In the past week, I finished an installation of BizTalk 2010 (LAB environment) with SQL 2008 R2 and SP1, no problems detected.

Note: I first perform the installation of SQL 2008 R2, then SP1, and only then I installed BizTalk.

But I think that Dan Rosanova suggestion also works.

September 6th, 2011 4:30pm

Hi Matthew,

I got BizTalk 2010 running on SQL 2008 R2 SP1 in a test VM environment. Did not see any problems yet.

Still need to go through all BizTalk features. Will post on this thread if I find any.

Regards,

Cecil

September 6th, 2011 4:31pm

I'm sure it will work (compatible). And I believe it should be supported too. However, you better check with the MS support team as there were BTS + SQL combinations that work but not supported (or best-effort supported) by the support team.

September 6th, 2011 5:54pm

Hi Matthew,

You would be better placed to check this with MS Support. Also the best practice would be to apply this to development environment and then to subsequent environments .

September 6th, 2011 6:44pm

Thx all for your answers, I was hoping someone from MS support would give an official yes/no answer here :)

If they don't come here, what is the best way to contact them?

September 6th, 2011 7:16pm

Hi,

Look at this for various support options.

September 6th, 2011 7:22pm

_Matthew,

Supportability is decided by the BizTalk Product Group. One of the important criteria is if they have tested the situation in house.

If they have tested certain combinations successfully, it should be supported. Otherwise, most likely it's not supported or best-effort supported. Microsoft Biztalk CAT Team would be your best choice to get that information. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/dd876758.aspx

September 7th, 2011 3:03am

We support and recommend latest service packs and cumulative updates for Windows and SQL as this is needed from Windows/SQL supportability side, but we don't support newer products which is not in the installation guide product requirement list, e g SQL Denali or Windows 8. Here is a list of supported products and their minimum service packs:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926628

October 7th, 2011 4:21pm

Thank you guys :)

I'll reach back if i have a problem :)

Francisco.

August 14th, 2013 3:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics