BizTalk 2010 Pop3 receive location does not shutdown

Hi,

I've got a pop3 receive location on a clustered host instance and recently it failed.

The error in the event log was:

The receive location "Receive Location XXX" with URL "POP3://XXX" is shutting down. Details:"The POP3 adapter is shutting down because it exceeded error threshold.
 URL: POP3://XXX".

This was caused by "Use SSL" being set to False instead of True.

So all OK so far except the receive location didn't shutdown. It continued to run but not pick anything up. I have monitoring in place to ensure all receive locations are running so I wasn't alerted to this problem.

Can anyone explain why the location didn't disable itself?

Thanks

Iain

June 3rd, 2013 7:46pm

Hi,

I've got a pop3 receive location on a clustered host instance and recently it failed.

The error in the event log was:

The receive location "Receive Location XXX" with URL "POP3://XXX" is shutting down. Details:"The POP3 adapter is shutting down because it exceeded error threshold.
 URL: POP3://XXX".

This was caused by "Use SSL" being set to False instead of True.

So all OK so far except the receive location didn't shutdown. It continued to run but not pick anything up. I have monitoring in place to ensure all receive locations are running so I wasn't alerted to this problem.

Can anyone explain why the location didn't disable itself?

Thanks

Iain

Use below link to solve your received error. 

http://www.itexperience.net/2011/04/04/event-5740-and-5649-with-pop3-authentication-and-biztalk-server/

I didn't understand So all OK so far except the receive location didn't shutdown.  

What do you mean?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 4th, 2013 1:03pm

Hi,

sorry if I wasn't clear. My problem is that the receive location did not disable itself. The application log said: The POP3 adapter is shutting down because it exceeded error threshold but the receive location didn't shutdown / disable itself. I need to understand why it didn't because I monitoring that they're all running. 

In this case I presumed that we were not getting orders from our customer because the Pop3 receive location was still running.

Regards

Iain

June 6th, 2013 11:49am

That is really strange.

Try the "standard" maintenance procedure:

• Restart Host Instances
  • Restarts SQL Server
  • Start BMV and maybe it shows something related
  • Start Terminator and remove the orphaned objects like service instances, references. etc.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 18th, 2013 4:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics