BizTalk 2010 Client Install
We currently have a BT 2010 environment set up and working. However, I am trying to install a client version on my desktop. However, for some reason, when trying to install the 2010 version on my desktop, I keep getting an error message that says " The following platform components failed to install and will need to be manually installed before setup can proceed:Enterprise Single Sign-On server: Unspecified error"

All I have installed on my desktop is VS 2010 and the SQL client as well. Does SQL server need to be installed on my desktop as well even though I am pointing it to another server? All I want is the development tools for BizTalk on my desktop VS.

July 3rd, 2012 1:27pm

Check prerequisites installed in your machine and also compare your biztalk version is supporting  your os

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2012 1:39pm

Could you tell me about your OS version and check the BTS 2010 installation document

It might help

http://blogical.se/blogs/johan/archive/2009/08/20/biztalk-server-2009-installation-errors.aspx

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkgeneral/thread/509173dc-fa3e-4047-a4c9-56d399c12f0c/

July 3rd, 2012 1:52pm

Thank you for the responses. Trying to install it on a Win 7 machine. It has all the hardware requirements, but the only thing I have not installed is SQL server. Only the client tool.

July 3rd, 2012 2:06pm

What versions of windows 7? I'm comfortable with only Windows server version that would help you to explore more.

webcast of BizTalk Server multi box install

July 3rd, 2012 3:11pm

All I want is the development tools for BizTalk on my desktop VS. --> Seems you are making your Win7 a BizTalk dev machine. First you need to install VS 2010. then you can proceed with the installation of BizTalk 2010 developer tools. I would recommend you to refer the product dependency matrix at this page. There is a very similar discussion thread here, Please refer the notes they might be useful for you. Make sure MSDTC is running on the Win 7 box before starting BizTalk 2010 setup for developer tools. 

July 3rd, 2012 4:36pm

Hello Carlos

Well in my development enviroment, I took a virtual machine with Windows 2008 R2, I installed Visual Studio 2010 and SQL Server 2008 R2, and configured my SO to work as domain controller. 

The Installation was done and all the configurations were setted normally. I just thought when I read this post that you may be need the sql server client, but you have to connect to a Database in other server, or Install all the sql server features in your development enviroment. Biztalk needs to have a Database to work, so try to install a sql server in your development machine, or use any other in staging server, in order to have the data base. Be carefull with the MSDTC. I don't Know if it's necessary for have Biztalk Working, but you surelly will need if you want to use the sql adapters.

Regards

July 3rd, 2012 4:57pm

You could go to the log file and look at the detailed error message. You can get to the log file by running %temp% at the run command and look for a file named config*
July 3rd, 2012 6:11pm

Thank you all for your feedback. This is a very odd error. We have BT installed in several servers 2008 and it is working perfectly. When installing the client piece on Windows 7, I went through the instructions and, of course, I jumped over the part where it tells me to go to IIS and then straight to BT. Still getting the error message below. This is very odd. I tried to install the dev with different available components but I still get the same error. I just want to install it so I can open VS 2010 and be able to open the BT solutions on a Windows 7 64 bit . I was able to acomplish this with BT 2009, but 2010 is giving me some errors. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Error Message: The following platform components failed to install and will need to be manually installed before setup can proceed: Enterprise Single Sign-On Server: Unspecified error Check the log for details. Return C

July 3rd, 2012 8:26pm

Hi 

Have you installed required cab files before installation, Check this similar thread BizTalk 2010 installation issue on Windows 7. Also there is a BizTalk 2010 setup troubleshooting guide by Microsoft here, Have a look. 

Have you checked your MSDTC settings ?

July 4th, 2012 4:00am

Still did not work with the same error. I think we have a currupt install disk or something. I will try it again with a new disk that I ordered and I will try again. Thank you all for your help.
July 6th, 2012 12:20pm

Hi,

In ur system, anti virus is blocking the installation. try to disable the ACCESS PROTECTION,ON-ACCESS SCANNER and UNWANTED PROGRAM POLICY -> Uncheck the REMOTE ADMINISTRATION TOOLS.. Then try to install .. Installation will be smooth..

June 23rd, 2015 8:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics