BizTalk 2006 Custom Schema - Taxcon and Eancom

We need to create an custom schema with root node as EancomInvoice, with both Taxcon and Eancom message types in BizTalk 2006.

Using the Add Generated Functionality - Generate Covast EDI 2006 Schema I have selected Eancom schema and modified the schema to add a new root node as EancomInvoice and dragged EDIFACT definition into the new node.

For schema properties we have Document Type - INVOIC and Root Reference as EancomInvoice.

When I try to build the Schema project I get an error as :-

Name of rootelement starts with unsupported documenttype

June 26th, 2013 10:04am

Hi Basudek,

Covast creates these schemas from its EDIMgmtDb. Generally schemas created by Covast have complexType data structure types. If you check the Data Structure Type property of your root node, it would have been pointed to a complexType.

Sounds like your schema has a restriction that its root node should only be an already defined ComplexType which is not in your case, as you have just defined/renamed the root node to a simple type. I have some EDI schemas which are created out of Covast and my schemas dont have these restrictions. You have two options now: Either create a complexType in your schema (where youre trying to rename the root node) and select this complexType for your root nodes Data Structure Type property or contact Covast support, if its a schema provided by them.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2013 11:53am

Thanks for your response.

Im working on a migration project from BizTalk 2004 to 2006.

In BizTalk 2004, we have the same schema with the root element as EancomInvoice with Data Structure Type as simpletype. But, when i try creating the same in BizTalk 2006 Im getting the above error.

I'm already in discussion with Covast Team.

June 26th, 2013 12:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics