BitLocker Recovery Password Viewer - invisible?
Hi,I installed RSAT for Windows 7 and enabled the BitLocker Password Recovery Viewer in "Turn Windows Features on or off".From my understandig I should now see the Recovery Password Viewer tabs e.g. in the properties of the computer account in AD Users and Computers. But there is not Recovery Password Viewer tab. However, there is no hint on Recovery Password Viewer installed.I also enabled Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\BitLocker Drive Encryption\Store BitLocker recovery information in Active Directory Domain Services (Windows Server 2008 and Vista) andChoose how BitLocker-protected operating system drives can be recovered --> enabled --> Save BitLocker recovery information to ADDS for operating system drives.Do you have any ideals?Kind regards, Dagmar
November 3rd, 2009 3:46pm

anyway you can always find the recovery passwords by using the "Advanced Features" option together with the "Users, Contacts, Group and Computers as Containers" and found in View menu in the "Active Directory Users and Computers" console. then you would expand the affected computer object and found the uniquelly named subobjects of type msFVE-RecoveryInformation.such objects (one for every partition encrypted) have attributes such as msFVE-REcoveryPassword which contain the recovery password.ondrej.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 3rd, 2009 4:44pm

Thank you for posting the workaround. Dagmar
November 3rd, 2009 5:01pm

You have to run regsvr32.exe BdeAducExt.dll before it shows up in ADUC
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2010 6:57pm

Ok, thank you for your reply.
April 30th, 2010 11:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics