BitLoacker for Windows 2008 Standard Edition : Do I need to upgrade it to Win 2008 R2
All, I am having Windows 2008 Standard Edition Active Directory domain configured. Now the question is : Can I configure BitLoacker on Windows 2008 Standard Edition or do I need to upgrade it to Windows 2008 R2. Also I have configured BitLoacker with Windows 2008 Standard Edition and it's giving the error ... C:\Windows\system32>manage-bde -protectors -adbackup c: -id {0E95F6AC-C68C-43E3- 9DC7-1925EDBF3332} BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 6.1.7600 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. ERROR: Group policy does not permit the storage of recovery information to Active Directory. The operation was not attempted. Please help
January 21st, 2011 7:39am

Hello, please see here about configuration for AD: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766015(WS.10).aspxBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 22nd, 2011 6:49am

Hi Zafarn, You can check this article for BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732725(WS.10).aspx Thanks.
January 23rd, 2011 1:35am

Hi, I would like to suggest you perform the following steps correctly and check the result. To enable the local policy settings to back up BitLocker and TPM recovery information to Active Directory Log on to the computer as an administrator. Click Start, type the following in the Start Search box, and then click ENTER: gpedit.msc To enable Group Policy settings to back up BitLocker recovery information to Active Directory: Open Computer Configuration, open Administrative Templates, open Windows Components, and then open BitLocker Drive Encryption. In the right pane, double-click Turn on BitLocker backup to Active Directory. Select the Enabled option. Verify that the Require BitLocker backup to AD DS check box is selected. Enable Group Policy setting to back up TPM recovery information to Active Directory. Open Computer Configuration, open Administrative Templates, open System, and then open Trusted Platform Module Services. In the right pane, double-click Turn on TPM backup to Active Directory. Select the Enabled option. Verify that the Require TPM backup to AD DS check box is selected. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 24th, 2011 1:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics