Best way to setup a demo on a single host with Hyper-v, VMM and WAP?

hey

i was looking to find the best way to setup a demo, Hyper-v on a single host with VMM and WAP.

the company i work for is looking into setting up an Windows Azure pack environment. as the IT admin i want to build a demo/test setup, and i only have one powerful hyper-v host available to do it all on.

i was thinking to put all the needed VM's all on that one host. Does anyone have like a diagram and or details, or some sort of checklist of what is needed to set this up the most basic and demo way. currently i am running that server with only hyper-v with some test VM's.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Ivo

• Edited by ivovaneerd Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:39 PM better title
September 10th, 2015 7:36pm

Thanks for your quick reply,

I was thinking to set it up in this way also i had i question does the hyper-v Host have to be in the domain or do you need a domain at all for a test setup?

Viso image: 

Also am i missing something for a demo? 

Kind regards, 

Ivo

• Edited by ivovaneerd Saturday, September 12, 2015 6:21 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 11th, 2015 9:11am

Hi Sir,

>>Host have to be in the domain or do you need a domain at all for a test setup?

Hyper-v host can be a standalone host and it can be managed by VMM .

In my lab , the hyper-v host is joined into domain , DC and VMM is running as a VM on it .

( In production environment , it is not recommended to put DC VM on one hyper-v host .)

But domain is needed , when you install SCVMM ,it will prompt that you need to use a domain user to install VMM.

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

September 13th, 2015 9:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics