Best practices regarding multiple admin AD logins
After starting a new job a couple of weeks ago, I have run into a situation that is quite odd. We have a Server 2003 that has been configured to allow only one admin to login at a time. My experience has been that multiple admins may be logged in at the same time, doing different things. But here, when one admin is logged on, and a second attempts to log in, they get a message that you have exceeded the number of licenses for the server. I have never heard of s single-user server. How is this server configured to do this? What are the best practices regarding simultaneous, multiple admins?
May 8th, 2010 11:11am

Hello, By default W2K3 have a 2 two connections session limit for remote administration. To change the connection limit settings, follow the guide here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/830581?p=1Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 9th, 2010 5:25am

Please note that there maybe a technical reason to not allow more than one admin session. E.g. one or more software components that do not work if you connect with another session than the console or with multiple sessions. I ve got no prominent example handy, but i ve seen this from time to time. hth Gregor Stefka
May 9th, 2010 2:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics