Bad dhcp resevation cannot remove it
Hello, For reasons unknown, a reservation is made in DHCP with the MAC address of a printer who took the scope address (x.x.0.0) every time when I removed it returns Windows 2003 standard Any help Thank you
December 17th, 2010 6:24pm

Hi, Thanks for posting here. Could you try removing this reservation entry by perform “Netsh DHCP server scope delete reservedip” and check if this entry would still return . Netsh commands for DHCP http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc787375(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_delresdip Meanwhile, please also make sure that the accounts that included in local/domain administrators and DHCP administrators group would not be used to modify DHCP configuration at this time. Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 21st, 2010 10:50am

Hi, this reservation still hang on dhcp thank you Stranger2012
December 22nd, 2010 6:05pm

Hi, Thanks for update. How does this printer obtain address ? dynamically form DHCP or stately assigned ? Are there any error showing when delete reservation by performing netsh command ? Thank. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 23rd, 2010 10:42am

I try both dynamically and stately after that i plug it USb to the pc, all the time the reserved ip come back no error thank you TigerStranger2012
December 23rd, 2010 5:08pm

I find the solution i apply this fix and the problème is gone here is the link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=936009 thank you guys for help Stranger2012
December 30th, 2010 6:24pm

Hi, Glad you figure out how to solve this issue and thanks for sharing your experience with us. Hope you will enjoy in our TechNet forum. Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 7th, 2011 5:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics