Backup Schedule could not start
Hello,I have a single windows 2000 domain with one DC Windowx 2000 server and a few windows 2003 SP1 member servers. On most of the windows 2003 servers I create everyweek a backup schedule which many times is not running. When I open the schedule tasks folder it shows it never run and a "could not start status".The account I use for the schedule to run is the domain administrator. I have checked the logon as a batch job right and is OK. The work around I found is to schedule the backup using the domain admin acount and leave it logged in. I just lock the computer and leave it for the night. The next morning I check it and everything is OK, the schedule run and the backup is completed. It seems like authentication issue. Any ideas?
November 23rd, 2009 2:53pm

I am sure its not a authentication issue. See if "Run only if logged" has been uncheckedRaj
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 23rd, 2009 10:59pm

Hello it is not an authentication issue. Suggest you usethe system account for the schedule task since with the system account it will always be on.Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
November 23rd, 2009 11:49pm

Thank you for your replies. Rajinish it is unchecked.Isaak, you put an interesting suggestion. But how do I use the system account, I don't know the password. Could you put down the steps?Thanks again
November 24th, 2009 12:51pm

under name put system and leave password field blankIsaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
November 24th, 2009 5:00pm

OK it works!!!Thank you very much
January 12th, 2010 4:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics